flybill7

Well Known Member
After a few days at Sun 'N Fun this year, we hopped over to Pensacola, FL in the RV and checked out the Museum of Naval Avitiation. I wrote up the visit to this impressive museum in this web log. Enjoy.

Great Museum

I visited there several years ago. I told my wife that I could use another day there I liked it so much. Of course she said "go ahead"! Shae is a great wife!!!

I justed visited the museum 2 weeks ago. I only had about 2 hours to tour but will go back.
My son had just graduated from the Navy Rescue Swimmers school.
Very proud.:)

Hey, I just checked out your pictures. The 5th picture has my RV-7A parked next to you.
The yellow/blue stripe RV N527DL is me.

Small RV World!

Last edited:
Blue Angels Practice

We visited P-Cola probably 10 years ago for a week, and at that time you could watch the Blue Angels practice on Tuesday morning from bleachers along the taxiway behind the museum. The Blues are impressive anytime, but when you can see then at their "home field" they are really scary-impressive.

I think that Marlin had been at the museum since I went through flight school in 1986. Looking better now...back then it had birds living in the tail.

re: enjoyed your visit

After a few days at Sun 'N Fun this year, we hopped over to Pensacola, FL in the RV and checked out the Museum of Naval Avitiation. I wrote up the visit to this impressive museum in this web log. Enjoy.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the pictures and the write-up of your adventure. I haven't had the chance to visit this museum but hope to do so in the future.

Say, wouldn't an RV-3 look good in painted as the F4F with the yellow wings?

Brian

Thanks for the write-up

Bill,

Thanks for the write-up. The pic of the Cubi Pt Bar brought back many interesting memories!

FB7 nice images and narrative. Thanks.

I've been through the museum a few times, and loved every minute. It's one of the few that will let you get close and touch the displays. The docents all seem interesting and interested as well.

For the younger kids (like all of us) there are some cockpit static units that visitors are welcome to climb in and waggle the controls. (I suspect that this might be a very successful a recruiting device.)

Blue Angels practice at Pcola. No announcers (for the time I attended), but the docents pick up the slack, and give the audience some pretty good "gouge" on what they are seeing.

We visited the museum a few years ago

I felt that it is the highest quality aviation museum period and I'm an Air Force veteran. I could not help but notice your bias toward the older airplanes in the museum. I think it should be noted that the collection of the jet aircraft out of McDonnell, Grumman, Chance Vought, Douglas, etc. is extensive and beautiful.

Bob Axsom