WB0TMC

I'm New Here
I have a Lowrance 1000 airmap, which I have ordered a data cable to connect to my Navaid autopilot, I have recieved the adapter cable (data cable) , but don't know the wiring diagram for the Lowrance 1000. I have looked in the manual from Lowrance, but no luck. ..... The adapter cable shows:

White wire....... Transmit
Green wire.........Recieve
Black wire..........Ground
Red wire.............Voltage 6-16VDC

Has anyone ever hooked up a 1000 to a airnav AP?????
Thanks

Navaid

You need to be looking in the Navaid instructions. The white (transmit) wire is what you connect. You have to set the unit's NMEA output to "on" but you may need a smart coupler between the handheld GPS and the Navaid, not sure.

You need to be looking in the Navaid instructions. The white (transmit) wire is what you connect. You have to set the unit's NMEA output to "on" but you may need a smart coupler between the handheld GPS and the Navaid, not sure.

Yep, white wire, and you will definitely need the Smart Coupler. Many Navaids have the coupler installed in the control head but if not you can either return it to Navaid for the coupler or use an external Smart Coupler. Also, be sure you have the necessary jumper in the Navaid connector if you are not using a switch so you can also connect to a VOR receiver.

Call Navaid and they will get you going.

Thanks guys, I hooked up the brown wire, which is the one I thought would be it, but I will try the white wire,,, instead.....the brown wire seemed to be the transmit,,, but tomorrow I will try the white wire and see what happens...
thanks

My navaid has the coupler built into the unit, it seems to not tack the gps, when I hooked it up to the brown wire,,, will try the white wire tomorrow and report back.

thanks