ron sterba

Well Known Member
I Have three sets of four conductor wire bundles (AEVO LED nav lights) leaving the wings and tail to come up front to the switches. What I don't wish to have is all 12 wires being routed to the panel switches. What I would like is to bring the 4 conductor wire bundles to a central point near the wing tunnel at the fuselage under under either seat for a THREE-WAY slice of some configuration then ONE SET to switches.

SO MY QUESTION IS,what did you do to make that THREE-WAY CONFIGURATION TO ONE 4 WIRE BUNDLE RUN TO SWITCHES?

IS THERE COMPANY THAT MAKES A THREE TO ONE WIRE connector ?

Prop on yesterday. Final inspection should be in a month. hopefully! Been there, past 3 dates.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

Last edited:
Ring terminals and one of these would work -

a276c151-cb85-4ff8-972f-c14e26f85257.JPG

Gil, its OK to put three ring terminals on one screw and then come off the other side with one ring terminal/wire to the switch? It was just suggested buying a trailer hitch light plug that has one feed wire and exists to 3 sockets or wire lead placements. Similar to running lights for a trailer. Open to ideas here. Is the terminal strip you mentioned the most common?

Ron in Oregon

Gil, its OK to put three ring terminals on one screw and then come off the other side with one ring terminal/wire to the switch? It was just suggested buying a trailer hitch light plug that has one feed wire and exists to 3 sockets or wire lead placements. Similar to running lights for a trailer. Open to ideas here. Is the terminal strip you mentioned the most common?

Ron in Oregon

3 can be tough to fit. Use jumpers from one ring to the next to make a string of terminals. Common yes. You can also buy long ones like the ones shown. Cut them to length needed plus one set of holes, and depricate the end screws, drill out the threads through, then use nuts and bolts to anchor the end since after cutting you will only have one end to anchor.

You don't need three ring terminals on one side and one on the other. Use 2 and 2. They're all electrically connected either way. You can get these terminal strips at your local aviation and home improvement store as well.

Last edited:
Terminal strips and jumpers work great. I just used some proseal to stick it directly on to the lower skin. You can see the 4 wires come in and each of these is split to each wing and the tail lights.

IMG_3886-M.jpg

I bought the strips and jumpers from McMaster-Carr.

Thats what I'm talking about! yeah! I got a place for the terminal strips as Bruce and Dan mentioned. The barrier strips I can use as I have one strip left over from Steins kit.
Then Kahuna and Derek,thanks, saw the article in my Aero/Bobs book ant I'll use that in the panel lighting and Cheifs is here in Oregon although 200 miles south. Thanks Guys and always appreciated!

Ron in Oregon N421HJ < This is next to the Honda's Jet at N420HJ, Mines not as fast!
RV9A

kahuna, Those Teaser videos are very impressive! Didn't know you fellows were around. Hats off to you all!

Ron in Oregon
RV9A almost there!

Does somebody make a connector where one can install a three conductor plug from each set of nav wires to a single connection point that, that is a 3 block or 3 plug distribution point. Think molex connector type. Just wondering. Did cut up today a terminal strip for mounting the wires.

Ron in Oregon RVa

I used these

I used these aviation junction blocks. They are small and use standard DSub crimp pins. Multiple blocks are mounted on a rail channel. In the one picture there are over 90 wires in the various blocks. The entire purpose was to minimize space used and minimize the wires running forward.

The second picture show the block. It is about 3/4" x 5/8." Each circled area is one terminal. This one has 3 ports per terminal. You can use all three or just use 2. As an example, I ran all of my position lights into the three terminals and added a second wire to one of them to run forward to the VPX. Same with the Strobes. The landing lights only used 2 ports. One landing light to a port and a wire going forward from another port. I have ALL of my lighting circuits in one of these little blocks.

I also used them for grounds. The are blocks made with a gold stud for mounting with 12 ports per block. The picture is pretty self explanatory.

Please keep in mind, these photos were before I purdy'd everything up.:D

The down side, they are not cheap at about $25 per block. I like the space savings and the security of the connections.

20960io.jpg
[/IMG]

2ia7b0j.jpg
[/IMG]

2yv5rh5.jpg
[/IMG]

Darwin, Thanks for posting the pictures. Very helpful. I can see where I'll use the bracket and sub-D up behind the sub panel. I like it.Where did you buy the the wire blocks? At this point I'll not worried about price, if you know what I mean. Again thanks!

Ron in Oregon RV9A