cactusman

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone worked with this Nav box to feed their sky view?

.....looking for a low cost "box" to provide a little "instrument" training platform...not looking to do any serious IFR...the thing stopping me is that apparently you can feed from the database to the Nav, and I know a few have installed a SL-30 for similar feed....but I don't know how well this works.

I think getting a box like this set up to feed the Skyview with a NAV only signal to do basic VOR navigation, approaches and the like would have some value - if just for backup...

http://www.valavionics.com/nav-2kr.html

Val NAV2KR

I originally bought one, and ended up trading it back to Val for a standard Val NAV2000. The reason I traded it back was Dynon's assertion that the 2KR could only be tuned by the Dynon if the VOR/ILS frequencies were in the airport database that Dynon uses, and that not all of the frequencies were in the database - not only that, but it isn't user editable. That may have changed, but I cannot confirm that. I like the idea of the Nav 2000 (and the 2KR) as they offer a valid alternative to brand G. I have not flown with one, but I have confidence that it will be sufficient for my uses, which will be as an emergency back-up. I would obviously prefer the 2KR due to limited panel space.