olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Anyone have a source for the internal plastic frequency selector gears for the Narco 122 VOR/ILS? Checked with Narco & they want $118/hr (2 hr min) plus parts and shipping. I can take the unit apart, all I need are those silly little plastic gears.

Anyone have a source for the internal plastic frequency selector gears for the Narco 122 VOR/ILS? Checked with Narco & they want $118/hr (2 hr min) plus parts and shipping. I can take the unit apart, all I need are those silly little plastic gears.

Call Wentworth Aircraft in Minneapolis and talk to Kevin. I'm sure they have some unserviceable units that they'd be willing to part out for you.

Cheers,
Stein

Any avionics shop that works on Narco stuff should be able to get it for you. I got a CDI gear not too long ago from Muncie Aviation and it was $60...for what seems to me to be a $2.00 part.

It's been an...

...on-going problem with a lot of Grummans - and luckily they have come up with a fix...:)

http://grumman.net/archive/2007/msg01605.html

A metal replacement seems like an improvement too.