jtrollin

Well Known Member
So I was walking around in the garage and saw this on the floor, I have no clue what it is or what it is for. I do not even know if it is part of the plane, but when building a plane in the garage odds are it is a part of the plane.

knownpart.jpg

thanks,

Looks like an insert for a plastic air or fluid line, used at the compression fitting to prevent the plastic from collapsing.

Or, maybe a restrictor for oil or vacuum sensor line??

Can't say for sure but I think it is a resitrictor for the fuel injection system.

Do you have fuel injector and if so, have you taken the nozzel out either for cleaning for else? Is there a number/marking on this?

If so, your engine should and will not run OK

Looks like we have a winner

Can't say for sure but I think it is a resitrictor for the fuel injection system.

Do you have fuel injector and if so, have you taken the nozzel out either for cleaning for else? Is there a number/marking on this?

If so, your engine should and will not run OK

Your right, looking at the parts of the injector nozzle it does appear to come from one of them. Now to remove them all to see which one.

thanks,

Wow, that was pretty lucky. Not only did I find the nozzle, it was missing from the first injector I checked (yes I did check all the other injectors for nozzles as well). I am still surprised I found I found, was able to determine what it was, and fix it. Would not be possible without the great people here on VAF.

THANKS!!!!

If it has been on the garage floor, inspect it carefully for damage, or debris before installing it back in the engine.