On April 14, 2008 N979AM, RV9-A made its first flight from Delta County Airport in Escanaba, Michigan. It was flown by owner and builder Andy Waidner. N979AM is powered by a Lycoming O-320, has steam gauges and Garmin radio stack. Special thanks to RV-6A owner/builder, EAA T/C and DAR Dave VanDenburg for keeping the project on track and providing encouragement, advise and resources to allow the project to come to completion. Thanks, also, to everyone who posted on this board.

Andy Waidner
Gladstone, MI

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news!

Wow, another 9A flying in Michigan. And just in time for the good weather. Congratulations, Andy.

Congrats Andy! Hope to see you over the skies of NE WI and the UP someday. Stop in at MNM sometime.

Regards,

Congrats

"N979AM is powered by a Lycoming O-320, has steam gauges and ..."

Andy,
First off congrats,.. and thanks for the incentive/encouragement, that people are still finishing and flying.. I've got a while to go yet

Second,.. glad to hear I'm not the only guy with steam gages!! hard to tell from a lot of posts,..

Looking good, looking good. Just another coupla weeks for my -9A.
Steve
N345SF

PS
My builder # is 90979. I wanted N979SF for my registration, but some Cessna already has it. You lucked out.

Last edited:
EEEeeeeeHHHaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Any pictures/videos of this beauty???? Way to go Andy, you offer encourgement to us all still banging rivets...

Thanks for the kind words gang, it means a lot to know others know how hard we work on our projects. I don't have a video, I'm a steam gauge type of guy. If it hadn't been for the wife and support of others I'd still be on the tail kit. Thanks to all. Andy (GRUMPY)