MS19087

Well Known Member
Friend
What started as this in June 2011 . . .

DSC_0607.JPG

continued with this today . . .

photo-10.JPG

After many months of fine tuning my fuel servo, electronic ignition and swapping my prop I finally reached the end of my 40 hr Phase 1 test period. I can break out of my test box tomorrow . . . but I'll never catch up to Vlad:) I'd still like to do more testing and I will. I am getting very comfortable with the plane. She flies wonderfully - very stable and predictable. I have the WW Ground adjustable prop dialed in perfectly giving me excellent performance in cruise and climb. I am able to meet or exceed all of Vans published numbers. Solo with full fuel I am able to climb 2000+ fpm climb. Today I clocked 165kph at 4K' straight and level. My stall speeds have been confirmed at 43kts dirty and 48 kts clean.

Absolutely the most enjoyable plane to fly . . . see you in OSH:)

Congratulations. I hope to enter phase one this year with my 9A. Seeing folks post their successes sure spurs me on after a five year lull.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free at last, Free at last:D

Sure is good to see the Hobbs reach that magic number.................

photo-10.JPG

Just to be clear.......

Phase I does NOT end at 40 hrs.
Phase I ends when flight testing is completed, but not before 40 hrs.

Thanks Mel - understood

I've done lots of testing, more than the minimum. My comment about my desire to do more testing is in an effort to continue my understanding of the plane and its characteristics in environments/conditions not seen in the first 40 hrs . . . My test period extended for 7 months - I did not attempt to complete this in 2 weeks because I was truly tweaking and testing during this period. I was fortunate to have the counsel of members of EAA1250 to guide me through this phase.

Fortunate also to get a nice 3 hr cross country in today here in the northeast where winds were light and temperature reasonable . . .

Nice to hear that you are out of the box Mark! Ready for the Bahamas? :D Come to the Corridor some day.

I have the WW Ground adjustable prop dialed in perfectly giving me excellent performance in cruise and climb. I am able to meet or exceed all of Vans published numbers.

Mark,

I have the WW Ground Adjustable as well, tied to an IO-320 standard compression. What static RPM did you end up with and what pitch angle?