jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
Sunday morning (June 20th, 2010) at approximately 7:40 AM EDT, my RV-8A
N888JM took to the air for it's first flight. Some of you may recall that several of my fiberglass pieces were lost in a paint shop fire. This certainly slowed up my progress, but I didn't let it stop me. The airplane flew extremely well.
When trimmed up it flew quite level (No Heavy Wing) with the ball in the center. Nothing more than a few minor squaks with some settings on the EMS.
The project was completed over a time span of 5 years 7 months and 11 days.
I won't consider it complete until final paint is completed. It weighs in at 1,115 pounds and includes a complete IFR panel that includes a Garmin 430, Garmin SL-30, Garmin GTX 327 Transponder, Dynon D-180 Flight Deck and a Tru-Track
dual axis autopilot. Thanks to Abby at Flightline Interiors for a great looking set of seats and armrests. Thanks to everyone that helped in the construction of this aircraft. If you have any questions I will be glad to assist you in any way that I am able. I wouldn't have been able to complete this aircraft if it wasn't for this forum. Thank you very much! Here are a few photos of the day that my dream came true.

img2210er.th.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
img2215r.th.jpg
[/URL]

img2208u.th.jpg
[/URL]

img2210q.th.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Congrats!

I remember the story about the paint shop fire and all of your damaged/destroyed stuff. I'll bet it feels great to have worked past that obstacle and to have finished your plane.

I still think you should dub her "Phoenix" - for the bird that rises from the ashes.

Enjoy Phase One! It's a blast!:D

Way to go!

Congrats Jeff! I'm very happy for you! Looks like another RV for the chapter. I guess I'm next in the queue. Looking forward to talking to you about the first flight! When do I get my incentive ride?

Kent

Congratulations, Jeff!!!

Now all you have to do is fly it over to Fayetteville (FYV) as you promised. Enjoy phase one. I won't be forgetting the hospitality you and all the others in your EAA chapter showed me while I was in Chesapeake...

Bill Bentley
RV6A, Flying (6 years)

Now all you have to do is fly it over to Fayetteville (FYV) as you promised. Enjoy phase one. I won't be forgetting the hospitality you and all the others in your EAA chapter showed me while I was in Chesapeake...

Bill Bentley
RV6A, Flying (6 years)

Bill,
I am looking forward to coming out to FYV. Count on it my friend.
I would love to see you.
Jeff