ka6dan

Well Known Member
Today my RV9A made it's first flight. Jesse Saint at the controls. We fit the flight in ahead of approaching rain (see photo). 1/2 hour flight looked wonderful from the ground. Jesse reported no big problems. A very very slight heavy wing and a small right rudder input required. All temps and pressures were good with #1 cyl. hotter than the others. 5 1/2 years building and it FLIES!!!!!!.

I continue to thank Jesse, my wife, and many friends for their help and support.

By the way 789KD 7=R 8=V 9=9 K=Kathy D=Dan (from the K&D Aircraft Factory)

http://s166.photobucket.com/user/ka6dan/library/RV9

Congratulations! Be years of pure enjoyment ahead of you. If Jesse said no big problems there are no big problems :)

Dan, as I said after the flight, through my grin, congratulations! A very uneventful first flight is what we like. It really flew hands off, trimmed out nicely, and the temps were nothing to write home about. It really was a joy to fly. Now, with a few slight mods for more even cooling, I look forward to the next flight, maybe tomorrow.

The K&D Aircraft Factory put out a very nice RV-9A! I know you can't wait until you get the first person RV grin. Hopefully before Oshkosh.

Enjoy your RV-9A! It's a great little airplane.

PS. time to update your signature file!

Jesse's the greatest

Looks great. Jesse is a great asset for your area. He sure got me out of a jam in April. His quick thinking and generosity allowed Janet and I to continue to the West Indies and not miss a great adventure. You are in good hands with Jesse.
And you will learn to love that RV9A. It is a great flying machine.

Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the Flyin' Nines! It's a great airplane that you and the Better Half will enjoy for many years to come. :D