tomsrv

N723LV with Captain Larry Okeefe at the controls made it's first
flight this morning at Rostraver. After 4 years of hard work
building Larry's 7 it is finally an airplane. This morning the
weather was perfect and Larry decided that today was the day.

Larry and I breifed for a few minutes and he mounted up. All systems
go and away he went into the wild blue. Larry orbited the field for
about 40 minutes. I was on the ramp with a handheld talking to him
the whole flight. The takeoff and landing were textbook perfect.

Larry said that the RV was rock solid and had no heavy wings. All
temperatures and pressures were also right where they are supposed
to be.

After the flight we all returned to the hangar for the celebration.
Shortly after Shinner and Popeye arrived to share in the excitement.
All in all it was a perfect day. It gives me great pleasure to know
that I helped another RV want to be acheive his goal.

Nickie and I Congratulate Larry Okeefe for a job well done.

Pictures of todays event can be found on our web site. Go to:
www.wparvbuilders.nstemp.com and look in the Current Projects Page
One.

Tom & Nickie Emery N193RV
WPA RV BUILDERS

Way to Go folks!
It makes me realize there really is an end to this. Don't get me wrong, I take a lot of pride in the work I'm putting into this plane, but these nice warm days sure makes me want to fly. I'm only three miles from my hometown airport (HRO) and all my friends seem to fly over my house intentionally to give me the fever. Maybe that's their way to give me a little push to get back in the basement and keep pounding those rivets. :)

Congratulations; Larry & Tom

This past December I had the opportunity to take Tom's weekend RV workshop, to meet Larry and see his beautiful 7. Congratulations to all for a job well done. It's a great inspiration to see it all come to fruition.

Since taking the class, Tom has been incredibly helpful to me as I go through the exponential learning curve otherwise known as the empennage kit. I finished my rudder this weekend and am starting to inventory my fuse kit before moving on to the elevators. My success so far has been helped tremendously by Tom's patience, expertise and willingness to help others. Many thanks.

Ray

Congrats!

Congratulations Larry, Tom and Nickie! You guys did a very nice job with that plane.

It was very useful to me to be able to see Larry's significantly complete 7A in Tom's hangar at Rostraver when I attended Tom's Western PA RV Builders workshop. Not only was it good motivation, but because the engine, avionics and cockpit comparments had not yet been "closed up" it gave me a good look at the systems configuration.

I hope that I am not too many years behind.

My wings will arrive within the next week or two depending on delivery details!

Antony