647jc

Well Known Member
N647JC took to the air for the first time November 26th at the able hands of Keith Campbell from W&C Aircraft Works in Boone, Iowa. It has taken me approximately 6 ? years to complete the RV-9A quick build project and there were times I almost gave up but thanks to encouraging words from Keith and others I stuck to it through the end. The plane flew hands-off according to Keith, all systems appear to be working properly and no squawks identified. The airplane is a fairly standard configuration with a new Lycoming O-320, Sensenich FP prop, day / night VFR. The avionics include an SL30 NAV/COM, GTX327 XPNDR, Avmap GPS, Dynon EMS 10 and EFIS D100 with 2-axis auto pilot. The paint scheme is pretty close to Vans demo RV-9A with a couple slight variations and a bit brighter colors. Keith Campbell did all the painting and I am very happy with the end product, Keith and W&C Aircraft Works are also very pleased with the results. Unfortunately I have yet to fly the airplane myself; a minor mix up on my transition training schedule but hopefully that will be taken care of soon.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this project over the years!

It should be easy to see in the air. Is that an entertainment system at the lower right? Nice panel.

Did you extend the panel down for the switches, throttle etc or is that stock for a RV9?

SUPER LOOKING PLANE

My wife and I happened to be in Boone that very day for a funeral. I wish I had known, it would have been something to make the day a lot more pleasant for us.

John Bender
Iowa

Beautiful!

Congratulations! What a great looking airplane. I like the instrument panel, very clean and well organized.

Enjoy flying it and be safe.