foka4

Well Known Member
After 2 years of restoration, I flew my RV4 for the first time yesterday:

jq569s.jpg

When I bought the aircraft, it was disassembled and in need of a fresh firewall forward installation after several hundred hours of flight time and a major overhaul on the engine. I tend to make things complicated, however, so it turned into a "spar forward" rebuild and a completely new avionics package.

I've flown other RVs, but this was my first flight in a 4. Wow. I can't imagine a better handling airplane.

I couldn't have done this project without the wealth of knowledge represented on this forum. Thanks!

Matthew

I saw you taxi by today while I was being fueled at the Ames Iowa airport. The plane looked nice.

steve ciha

Congratulations, Matthew!

Now that you're flying, I hope to get a chance to see that beautiful airplane in person. I don't suppose you'll be taking it to OSH this year?

Also, how about some panel photos?

All the best,

Not Buzz's, but almost

My aircraft was finished in the early '90's, and has a lot of time flying beside Buzz's -4 and at least 3 others that were in the area at the time. I decided to preserve the original color scheme to honor that group of RV'ers that inspired me to get into aviation when I was an otherwise aimless teenager.

Buzz's -4 is still in the family, based at KBNW. Come and see it in a couple of weeks at the Boone RV fly-in! I'll have mine there as well.

I plan to fly the new bird to OSH. Hopefully, it'll have pants and leg fairings painted and installed by then. Right now, I'm having too much fun flying it to worry about details like that!

Mike, I'll snap some fresh panel photos this weekend and post one on this thread.

Cheers,

M

CONGRATS INDEED!!

That's beautiful Matt!

I'm going through a similar refurbish & know how you feel.

Hey, you are going to be pleasantly suprized at what leg & gear fairings are going to do for you. You will be even happier!! Love them -4s.

Cheers and have FUN,

Deal Fair
RV-4 (N34CB)
George West, TX (8T6)