Jim Ellis

Well Known Member
Imagine my surprise and delight to see my plane, N23VC, on the front page today. The photos are awesome! Thank you, Doug. [ed. You're most welcome! dr]

As proud as I am of the finished plane I cannot take much credit for the paint scheme. All the credit goes to Scheme Designer's Kevin Burns and GLO Custom's Grady O'Neal.

Kevin Burns worked for months with me online making each small change, "a little more here, a little less there", helping me achieve the vision I had and to arrive at the final paint scheme.

Grady O'Neal is the Michelangelo of masking tape and spray paint. He duplicated in exact detail the paper design in three dimensions. The workmanship and execution by Grady and his assistant Brandon were flawless. I know because I live nearby and was able to check their progress nearly every day during the five week painting process.

The original goal of a black and white airplane took a wonderful turn with the addition of red accents and chrome vinyl striping. The Jury is still out on how the chrome vinyl will hold up over time, but the effect it has is striking when you view it in person.

Many thanks to Scheme Designers and GLO Custom Aircraft.

Last edited: