Crafting N112DR

Well Known Member
The first flight of N112DR on March 14, 2020.

The aircraft was slightly right wing heavy and the AHRS was not keeping a level attitude, also I need to adjust the AST trim indication. Anyone know if the stall horn is supposed to stay on for 5 second after recovering from a stall?

Please see first flight video here https://youtu.be/cdGVcMkeDjw

To see the chase plane video flown by Dave G, please visit the RV12 Pilot YouTube channel. The Test pilot was Dave H.

https://youtu.be/95g3gSxR9eY

oHW.jpg

Anyone know if the stall horn is supposed to stay on for 5 second after recovering from a stall?

Congratulations!

About the stall warning; it's not normal. The moment I unload the stall warning stops. Your artificial is also doing "funny" things especially during recovery

Congratulations!

About the stall warning; it's not normal. The moment I unload the stall warning stops. Your artificial is also doing "funny" things especially during recovery

Ya not sure if it's getting stuck or its a software function. Looking into, As far a the artificial goes I'm leaning towards maybe the Magnetometer not being calibrated correctly. But I really don't know.

Ya not sure if it's getting stuck or its a software function. Looking into, As far a the artificial goes I'm leaning towards maybe the Magnetometer not being calibrated correctly. But I really don't know.

Did you do the rosette procedure, in setup mode, to orient the device to magnetic north, before flying? you point the plane N, E, S, W with the GPS 2020 unit on, watching the satellite readings to get a good signal, to reorient the magnetic portion.

See instructions, for GPS 2020 antenna. Maybe that helps.

BTW, either weirdest looking optional tail dragger wheel ever, or a Go Pro located unusually far aft. ;-)

Last edited:
Did you do the rosette procedure, in setup mode, to orient the device to magnetic north, before flying? you point the plane N, E, S, W with the GPS 2020 unit on, watching the satellite readings to get a good signal, to reorient the magnetic portion.

See instructions, for GPS 2020 antenna. Maybe that helps.

BTW, either weirdest looking optional tail dragger wheel ever, or a Go Pro located unusually far aft. ;-)

Yes did everything per the G3X/G3X Touch Installation Manual, and yes that's a GoPro tail wheel.

Never been a Dad, but first flight seems to be the closest I will be ever be to watching my new born. Congrats, it?s quite an accomplishment only a relative few can boast about!👍

On your horizon issue, I would rerun in the configuration screens

1. The pitch / roll offset procedure
2. Also do the engine run up vibration test

Did you use the correct bracket for the magnetometer (compass) in the tail ?

The ADAHRS is located in the pilot side back of the baggage area (at least it is on mine unless a recent plane changed moved it). Have you confirmed that is firmly screwed down into its mounting plate and the mounting plate is secured securely in the baggage area ? I would verify all of this and then do the two things I mentioned above and after all that repeat the compass rose procedure.

On your horizon issue, I would rerun in the configuration screens

1. The pitch / roll offset procedure
2. Also do the engine run up vibration test

Did you use the correct bracket for the magnetometer (compass) in the tail ?

The ADAHRS is located in the pilot side back of the baggage area (at least it is on mine unless a recent plane changed moved it). Have you confirmed that is firmly screwed down into its mounting plate and the mounting plate is secured securely in the baggage area ? I would verify all of this and then do the two things I mentioned above and after all that repeat the compass rose procedure.

Thanks and yes, I will do all the above.