bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Hi All,

How does the FAA associate a reserved N number with the actual airplane to issue the 8050-3?

I recently changed my N #. I used Kylie at [email protected]. I had reserved N40ES annually for 12 years or more. It seemed like a simple process but in reality its not. We notified the Registration Department and few months later the FAA mailed an authorization to apply the N# to the aircraft and to notify them after completion. So we did that, then as I proudly flew around using my NEW N# other aircraft would reply that my transponder was sending out N838BC, OOPS! Wrong#! Next I had to hire a Garmin Dealer to change the transmitting for my ADSB. After that during an Annual Condition Inspection VIC at Base Leg Aviation says that is not enough either. Now you have to apply for a New Airworthiness Certificate and while you are at it: Operating Limitations & Approval. They all need your new N# too! (Sorry for any miss types or misnomers but I think you get drill). It is a little more involved and there are few guidelines available.

I recently changed my N #. I used Kylie at [email protected]. I had reserved N40ES annually for 12 years or more. It seemed like a simple process but in reality its not. We notified the Registration Department and few months later the FAA mailed an authorization to apply the N# to the aircraft and to notify them after completion. So we did that, then as I proudly flew around using my NEW N# other aircraft would reply that my transponder was sending out N838BC, OOPS! Wrong#! Next I had to hire a Garmin Dealer to change the transmitting for my ADSB. After that during an Annual Condition Inspection VIC at Base Leg Aviation says that is not enough either. Now you have to apply for a New Airworthiness Certificate and while you are at it: Operating Limitations & Approval. They all need your new N# too! (Sorry for any miss types or misnomers but I think you get drill). It is a little more involved and there are few guidelines available.
All this information is included in the "Special N-Numbers, Changing N-Numbers" on the FAA website. I was simply answering his question about registration.