aarvig

Well Known Member
a rivet gun that is. Its official. My wife is my new riveting partner. After a some coaching from my building/pilot mentor Mr. Tom Berge Kari's curiosity finally got the best of her. I was working on my vertical stabilizer tonight and she asked, "Can I try that?" A little demo with the gun and she was off and running. We set the rivets in the front spar on the vertical tonight and she did very well. I am proud of her and also excited at the prospect of us working together on this.
DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0001-2.jpg

Aaron,

Great way to keep her involved and interested. My wife ran the rivet gun for a lot of our build and it gave her some ownership in the project as well.

cheers,
greg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you both:D

She looks like she is enjoying this airplane building thing;)

That's really cool. Greatly increases your chance of still having a wife when you get done:D

After you get the plane done, just need to get her a ticket.
Need more girl pilots...
Besides we feel more comfotable on long trips with two pilots on board.
Adds to the big plane feel ;)
T

My wife, as well as both of my daughters, enjoyed driving rivets on the -10. They were pretty disappointed when I sold the project.
Long story short. I sold because, mainly the expense to finish it. But also, by the time I was finished with it, both of the daughters would be gone from home. So, I'm going to settle for an RV12 soon.

Marshall Alexander

Last edited:
Giddy Up!

AAron - What next? My man Levi running wires and fuel lines?

For those not in the Minne area, Aaron and Kari have the cutest family going - they come to the airport as a family, 3 kids and all. As mine get older, it is great to have the little ones around! I think we will see them all involved in the build soon!!!

Reasons

See there was a reason that I couldn't make it over to help you. This is better, much better. Buy her a Rossie the Riviter shirt.

Gary Specketer

Yep, that is how we started. Just be careful, it won't be long before that is Her airplane. You should start planning to build your (second) airplane now :). Your adventure begins, it is a grand one.

Aaron, good for you! My wife drove or bucked at least a third of the rivets in our -9 and now she wanted to get her PPL in it. I just wonder if we can afford the insurance for her to do that.

Thats great!! I'm all about getting the family involved. My wife has finaly begun to ask me about Flying in general. This is after 5 years of marraige. I think she is getting the itch to more and be more involved with aviation. Anyone wanna give her uhhhh us a ride in a 10?

Keep it up!!

You can ride with me, Manny....and bring the wife..

...anytime. I'm up in central Georgia at 2J3 and you can fly left seat. We occasionally go down to Spruce Creek (third Thursday of each month) for their EAA meetings and I could give you a shout then.

Best,

Hey Manny, I still would like to get you that ride in my -10. I will bring my own Rosie the Riveter to meet your wife if you like. PM me and let me know what your schedule looks like for the next few days.

Different point . . .

Sharing is great, but as somebody who shot all but 118 rivets solo, I can't begin to tell you how much FASTER having a riveting partner is.

No, the fiance', now ex-fiance', didn't get it. "choose wisely" ;)

Rick 90432

If my wife had joined me in building Smokey, I'm sure it wouldn't have taken me 13 years to build ... and that means that I wouldn't have had 13 years of quiet solitude to enjoy ...

No thanks. I liked my Man Cave. :D

Aaron,

Congrats! That's great news! My wife Jamie helped me with some riveting, too, and she's excited about getting it finished and going places with me. Keep us posted on how it's going, please.

...anytime. I'm up in central Georgia at 2J3 and you can fly left seat. We occasionally go down to Spruce Creek (third Thursday of each month) for their EAA meetings and I could give you a shout then.

Best,

Pierre,

Thanks for extending the offer. Some time after our move into our new home we will probably take you up on that offer. :) Move in is planned for 2 week of NOV so most likely after we settle in like JAN FEB or MAR time frame. Hey, thanks...look forward in meeting with you!!!

Hey Manny, I still would like to get you that ride in my -10. I will bring my own Rosie the Riveter to meet your wife if you like. PM me and let me know what your schedule looks like for the next few days.

David,

Got excited and replied to Pierre as soon as scrolled to it. I'll time both the rides strategically for the build. Sun N fun is not to far too so. But absolutely, I'll let the both of you know as soon as we are settled in our new home in Port Saint Lucie.

My wife just doesn't get it how friendly the aviation community is. I haven't flown since we been together now (6 years or so)

David,

Got excited and replied to Pierre as soon as scrolled to it. I'll time both the rides strategically for the build. Sun N fun is not to far too so. But absolutely, I'll let the both of you know as soon as we are settled in our new home in Port Saint Lucie.

My wife just doesn't get it how friendly the aviation community is. I haven't flown since we been together now (6 years or so)

Aaron,

Sorry for the hijack but I hope to join you in the build process soon and post like yours help me get my wife's feet wet in building. My wife already thinks I'm crazy...making biodiesel, rebuilding boats, fixing our trucks, building what ever, etc... I just love keeping busy....

Good luck.