NovaBandit

Well Known Member
Sunday afternoon, the DAR stopped out for the final airworthiness inspection. He only spent about 20 minutes looking at the plane, but he was very happy with what he saw. Operating limitations looked in order, logbook entry was done, and airworthiness cert issued!

I'm still planning on having a tech counselor (or two) do a very thorough inspection before it flies, but provided they don't find any major issues, first flight should be in the next week or so!

Since it was just the two of us, I didn't get that photo of him handing me the pink slip, so I'll post a video I did the day before of startup and taxi testing behind the G3X Touch / Aerosport panel! I'm really happy with how everything is working!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N64yL-fZdM

aCP9iDDl.jpg

Ah-hah! this would explain the curious lack of web site updates since about February...Congrats and look forward to hearing about phase 1 &c.

==dave==
N102FM

Congratulations!!

Ed, big congrats to you---- you are gonna love that plane.

And the RV 10 Hobbs goes up another notch:D

Ah-hah! this would explain the curious lack of web site updates since about February...Congrats and look forward to hearing about phase 1 &c.

==dave==
N102FM

Yeah. It's funny how things like keeping a blog up to date really take a back burner once the end is in sight! But don't worry, I had the camera running (almost) all the time. It's just a matter of going back and writing up all those posts!

Congrats Ed. Based on your build log, videos and large amount of pictures you did one heck of a job and set a high bar for the rest of us to follow.

E

Echoing all sentiments above. Congrats Ed and Colleen, we're watching from the sidelines down here in IA and feverishly working towards being in the same situation within the next year or two!! :)

Best wishes for a smooth first flight!!!! :D

Job very well done.:D You made a great effort of birthing a first class airplane. It is really, really nice. You should be very proud of it and hope you will want to have another project one day. For now enjoy the plane and all the extra time you will have with the family. Finishing the plane at the airport is the most challenging for everyone.

I need to quit taking on new projects so I can one day redo my RV10 Panel.:rolleyes:

Man, we were neck and neck there for a while... Delays with our panel put us on hold for a bit...were back on track and moving to the airport soon.
Nice work, looking forward to seeing it fly!!

Congratulations Ed! Welcome to the RV-10 owners club. You are going to love everything about the plane. Hope you have a fun and safe Phase 1 as you explore the flight envelope of your new plane.

Well Ed..

..what can I say? You kicked my @#$! Great job finishing so quickly. Now you've got to get to flying so that you can reach the next milestone.. Flying the fam.:D

The fun part is next. Hope you got a good test flight area.

Better than the one you had!

KGRK - 3T3 - KEAU - KLSE - KTOB - KRGK

I should have asked for a corridor down to 1MN8 for the fall festival!

The DAR worked out great! I'd recommend him, provided that you understand that you are not going to get a thorough mechanical inspection. I've got a pair of EAA tech councillors coming down this week to pick thru everything.

..what can I say? You kicked my @#$! Great job finishing so quickly. Now you've got to get to flying so that you can reach the next milestone.. Flying the fam.:D

Yeah. I think you were just a bit ahead of me when we met at OSH12. I had just started the wings.

;)

Better than the one you had!

KGRK - 3T3 - KEAU - KLSE - KTOB - KRGK

I got KRGK - 3T3 - KLUM - KONA - KRGK in 2012, looks like you got about what I originally asked for. Congrats on being ready! Didn't know you were at KRGK, where on the airport are you? I'll have to keep an eye out for you and say hi, though I'm not around the field as much as I'd like...

Ed/Colleen

I'm stoked for you guys. I have followed your build for a long time now and I'm as excited as can be for you.. Great job.

Great work Ed! It's a great feeling getting signed off, and even greater after the first flight, and it all just keeps getting better from there.

Enjoy!!

I got KRGK - 3T3 - KLUM - KONA - KRGK in 2012, looks like you got about what I originally asked for. Congrats on being ready! Didn't know you were at KRGK, where on the airport are you? I'll have to keep an eye out for you and say hi, though I'm not around the field as much as I'd like...

I'm at the far northwest corner, sharing a big 50'x90' hangar with a Bonanza.