cjensen

Well Known Member
I had my dad put his personal touch on my airplane by having him paint the top of the plenum for me. I told him I didn't care what he did...just two requirements...engine related, and straight lines.

:cool:

5-12-10-004w.jpg

5-12-10-003w.jpg

5-12-10-005w.jpg

5-12-10-008w.jpg

Lookin good

Way to go Chad! That's got to be worth another ten knots...;)

You continue to set the bar.

Plenum

Chad

Very individual touch.

Did you put any type of rubber gasket where the plenum contacts the case behind the flywheel. A hangar rat pointed out to me that this could be a wear area.

Matt

plenum

Hey Chad,
Looks great, if you get a chance fly-up to Morris on Saturday for lunch, bring a couple of your chapter guys along. Looks like yours should be flying soon.

The trouble is ...

...when you roll that showplane out, the rest of us will be looking for a tarp to cover ours! :rolleyes:
VERY nice, Chad. VERY nice.

Chad, how about I trade

you for your Dad. Only have this one eyed lazy Tom cat that keeps the mice in my shop company to trade. Course I depend on him, but with a Dad that can do such work I could finish my 8, you are sure lucky, Best regards, Bill

Not sure why there would be...not really any difference between this setup and baffles on the ground. Not sure there's really any difference in the air...;)

Could you post more pic and details

About how it seals to the inlet tubs and behind the fly wheel?

Thanks

Kent

I'll have the inlet tubes done tonight, so I'll have pics of that soon. There is no seal yet at the nose of the plenum behind the flywheel. Not sure on that yet...

Pics of the tubing from the rings to the plenum...

Starts with a flat piece of neoprene rubber-

5-14-10-001w.jpg

Cut to size, and glued with neoprene cement end to end to make the tube-

5-14-10-002w.jpg

5-14-10-003w.jpg

They get clamped to both the ring and the plenum (couldn't find two of the four clamps needed, so the yellow box represents the other clamp).

5-14-10-006w.jpg

Chad
Is there much risk of them splitting along the glued line ("glued with neoprene cement end to end to make the tube")? Do you intend to reinforce the glued line?
John

Nah...this is the way all SJ cowl/plenum's are built...I did do a test strip tho, and the cement is incredibly strong. No sign of splitting and I put a lot more force in to it than they will ever see in service.