SteinAir

Well Known Member
So, up to this point my father had a kit delivered by Partain, as have friends of mine, but finally the day arrived (yesterday) that they dropped off my RV7 finish kit. Here's a rundown of how it went.

Tony Partain & Van's worked everything out...all I had to do was tell Van's he was shipping the kit and that was the last discussion we had about it. Tony then let us know when it would be shipping, then called to let us know the drivers name and when we could approximately expect him.

Next, the driver calls the day before asking us when we'd like to have the kit delivered...imagine - a shipping company giving a @#$@ about when it's convenient for you. We agreed on 9:00 am at my shop. The driver called the next morning to let me know he was on the way and to be "ready". He showed up at 9:05 am (my directions were a little off)!

Now, I've had a lot of stuff delivered by a lot of companies and I've never seen a delivery vehicle that looks brand spanking new (both truck and trailer) show up with my plane inside. The vehicle was spotless and looked great, and the driver along with his wife were very professional. We had to move an RV-10 Fuselage out of the way to get to our finish kit box, and they were so carefull with that RV-10 fuse we had to lay it on blankets on the grass so it wouldn't get so much as a scratch on it.

Anyway, below are a few pics of the rig and all the goodies crammed inside! There's going to be some mighty happy customers when those RV-10's arrive...Last thing. We tried to give the driver a small cash tip for working so hard, showing up on time and putting up with our blowing cold snowy Minnesota weather and we almost got in a fight! He refused to accept so much as a dime for a tip... Until now I've had no personal delieveries from Partain, but as I've said before I'd pay more for this kind of service. They are careful, fast, nice and best of all my plane is treated as an actual plane, not some box of toilets like other shippers. When (not if) I have more stuff delivered from Van's I'll be using Partain from now on. Just a pilot report from a fellow builder this time :)

CheersStein.

partain1 copy.jpg

partain2.jpg

partain3 copy.jpg

Thanks for the writeup Stein. I was just notified by Vans that my RV-7 QB is ready to be shipped. Tony Partain will be doing the shipping for me also. Really good bunch of folks.

Your Dad's RV-10

Looks to me like somebody is hard at work trying to get his dad to build him an RV-10 to fly!!!!

Love my StainAir panel. Made the first IFR approach yesterday.

DITTOS!!!

RV Central has receved many Partain deliveries. All good!
I recomend all RV builders use this service.

Tony's done it again...

Today, I received the last crate from Van's via Partain Transport. You
want to talk about excellent service? Here is your man! The crate was
in perfect condition and delivered ahead of schedule.... and the driver
was way cool!

If you have the need, which we all do for transport, Tony is the only
way to go!!!!

Flying very soon... :D

Great write-up on Tony's service! It's great to hear of a company who shares our interest and respects their customers! I got a phone call last week from Tony informing me that my RV3 tail kit should possibly arrive today or tomorrow. He said that its coming on a truck with a pair of RV10s... so reading this post is starting to get me pretty excited! :D

Kudos

I'll throw in a vote of confidence as well. I thought that Partain's prices were high on my quickbuild delivery quote until I factored in what it would take for me to go fetch it on my own! We had a few minor issues with the driver getting slightly lost in my small town but after a cell call he was quickly back on track. He used a bigger rig with a similar trailer to the pics above. We'd had some snow that had just melted and he backed off to the side of the driveway a bit and got stuck in the muck. It wasn't an easy driveway to back into. There were a few scars in the lawn but I could have cared less. He was a good guy and the crates were in impecable condition. The driver helped unload, and it was worth the money. Then the next day, the wife told me that Tony personally called to see if I was satisfied. I think she told him she'd never seen me happier, or words to that effect.

Partain Par Excellence

Its been over a year since I received my RV7 QB kit via the Partain experience. My only complaint is that it arrived on the coldest day of the year. But that didn't stop our driver from completing the delivery with a smile and friendly banter. I found out that he had delivered another QB kit the day before to a friend I hadn't seen or heard from in over 20 years. Small world!!!

Hope to get my finish kit delivered in a few months via Partain as well.

Great service, friendly people and aviation minded.

Thanks again Tony!!

Partain delivers finished planes too!!!

Just to set the record straight. My buddy (Kit Plane Crafters) builds and finishes RV's in Wichita, KS and he had a client in Idaho that had him finish a RV7-A. He had Partain Transportation deliver the pieces and pick up the finished plane. With the wings, VS, HS, rudder and wheel pants off, the three of us put this plane in one of Partain's trailers and off it went from Wichita, KS to Idaho. Just think how it might have been to open the door, roll it down the ramp, put this back together and go fly! The client was happy as a clam. (Yes, it does fit inside with the landing gear, canopy and prop on).

The other content in the trailer that day was a Ferrari, also going to Idaho.

Pat Garboden
Ozark, MO
RV9-A 942WG (reserved) still in painting stage
RV9-A 942PT (reserved) wiring stage

I live near Wichita and am planning a 9a empennage soon. What is your friends name and which airport is he located? I may have need for his services some in the future. Thanks

SKYDIVER

You need to come by and see our two RV9-A's nearing final stages of completion since you are near Wichita. His name is Todd Wiechman and he can be reached at 316-210-5670.
I can be reached at 316-734-8545. This is a Wichita number but I live in Missouri. I travel to Wichita twice per month to work on the planes. We just set up a 13 x 20 paint booth in his 960 sq. ft. garage. I have a hanger at Mid-Continent (ICT) that we will move the first plane to after we paint when the weather cooperates. Hope to meet you in the near future.

Pat Garboden
Ozark, MO

RV9-A 942WG (reserved) O-235 w/ slider paint stage
RV9-A 942PT (reserved) O-320 w/tip-up wiring stage

Lamberts

Home of Throwed Rolls. Contact me when you are in town. I live about 2 miles from Lambert's in Ozark. I bought next to Ozark Air Park South Airport and the city of Springfield pulled a Mayor of Chicago and painted X's on the runway. I am within walking distance of the hangers and they pulled them out from under us. :mad:
Anyways, the planes are in Wichita so I will let you know when I plan to be there next. May 25-27 if not sooner.

Pat Garboden