NYTOM

Well Known Member
Ever since Glen ( humptybump) helped me set up my igate I have begun checking regularly to see if any known RVers (Vlad) happens to go by.
Check out the where's N666BK tab on any of Vlad's posts to see where he went today. I'm speechless . :eek::eek::D

Where is he?
I get an
"You must be new here. That is forbidden. "
message every time I try Vlad's link so I can't look myself.

did you fly this weekend?

For the curious, Vlad squeezed in a little flying over the Labor day weekend ...

wpid-wp-1409659601295-399x640.jpeg

I watch the weather and feel a sense of anxiety and stress for days before I fly from Houston to Western N.Y. to see family, wondering if I can make it or have to delay along the route or if I have overlooked any preparation of the aircraft or me. I am amazed and envious that Vlad ventures out with no apparent trepidation to fully enjoy the abilities of these fantastic time machines. Way to be Vlad!!

same here... +1

"I watch the weather and feel a sense of anxiety and stress for days before I fly from Houston to Western N.Y. to see family, wondering if I can make it or have to delay along the route or if I have overlooked any preparation of the aircraft or me. I am amazed and envious that Vlad ventures out with no apparent trepidation to fully enjoy the abilities of these fantastic time machines. Way to be Vlad!!"

I watch the weather and feel a sense of anxiety and stress for days before I fly from Houston to Western N.Y. to see family, wondering if I can make it or have to delay along the route or if I have overlooked any preparation of the aircraft or me. I am amazed and envious that Vlad ventures out with no apparent trepidation to fully enjoy the abilities of these fantastic time machines. Way to be Vlad!!

There's a simple cure for that. Get an instrument rating and fly more.:D

To be totally honest I had a human autopilot. An RVator with tons of glider time he gave me a great airborne lecture on weather and cloud recognition. Out of those 27 flying hours we put on the Labor Day weekend I drove only 7 or so.

To be totally honest I had a human autopilot. An RVator with tons of glider time he gave me a great airborne lecture on weather and cloud recognition. Out of those 27 flying hours we put on the Labor Day weekend I drove only 7 or so.

I just happened to check your track and saw you were at Barnwell. Didn't think you were coming further South or we could have hooked up for some playtime ;)

I have a sense of deja vlad

Yes, "deja Vlad" ... that unshakable feeling you've seel this Russian flight track before!

Screenshot_2014-09-05-20-13-48_1-400x640.jpg

Expecting Vlad in NC

So, Vlad is expected at 8A7 in central NC tomorrow at some unknown time to tell stories of travel, and enjoy hospitality at our house...a legend visiting!

APRS glitch maybe? Or call sign hijack? Ain't go anywhere :D:D

Uh oh! Someone hijacked Vlad's plane! I bet, if we all took a picture of "Vlad" we'd discover they are not all the same person - perhaps he has many Russian brothers who all look alike and can fly RV-9A :eek:

He's a lot shorter than I imagined ! :D
Montreal in the morning and North Carolina by the afternoon . WOW! :D:D:D