pierre smith

Well Known Member
....yesterday, after it was "sleeping". I have the Drudgereport app installed, giving me worldwide news.

A siren sound started and the iPad woke up without me touching it, yesterday afternoon and the Headline "Nuclear radiation 1000X normal!" appeared, regarding the reactor in Japan, on the Drudge Report web site.

This morning, I noticed that it had activated again, overnight, with a new exclamation, "Explosion at Japan reactor."

Is this a feature of that particular app? Can it be turned on or off?

Thanks,

Look in the Settings app on the iPad, in the Notifications section. You should see an entry for the DrudgeReport, and you can then turn off notifications.

Thanks guys, but.....

....I'd almost rather have these type of notifications of serious events!

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW

You maybe we need an Apple support thread on VAF. Pretty fast and snappy answers here huh Pierre?

Serious, Milt?

But not as you are in the clag shooting an approach to minimums, following yourself on your georeferenced approach plate.:eek:

Can that really happen when I'm on an approach using SkychartsPro? I wouldn't have Wifi available then. This only happened at home and my office, where they both have Wifi.

Thanks,

Can that really happen when I'm on an approach using SkychartsPro? I wouldn't have Wifi available then. This only happened at home and my office, where they both have Wifi.

Thanks,

Hi Pierre---how do you like the skycharts as opposed to foreflight?--I just tried the trial version of foreflight and I don't think of it much IN-flight. It's a great flight planner for sure, but very rudimentary as far as a moving map GPS. The IFLY puts it to shame. I'd like to try skycharts and was curious what you think?
P.S.--your old plane is hummin--running and looking great..Tom

Notifications while airborne

Hi Pierre,

If you have the iPad 3G, you can receive notifications any time you have a 3G connection. A 3G connection is intermittent in flight, but you'd likely have a pretty reliable connection by the time you're low and slow on an approach.

jason

If the airport you are approaching or someone nearby has wireless that can reach. Yes

I really enjoy the iPad...

Hi Pierre---how do you like the skycharts as opposed to foreflight?--I just tried the trial version of foreflight and I don't think of it much IN-flight. It's a great flight planner for sure, but very rudimentary as far as a moving map GPS. The IFLY puts it to shame. I'd like to try skycharts and was curious what you think?
P.S.--your old plane is hummin--running and looking great..Tom

and I take it along as I would a sectional. I have the low altitude charts and approaches loaded to the iPad and approaches are a breeze using it in conjunction with the 430W. With a 496 and the 430, I seldom look at the iPad but it's a good flight planner.

I miss my -6A and had really good times and trips in her. You've got a good airplane there and even better now with new 'glass'.

Regards,