RV10 4JF

Today, I paid my 2008 hanger ground lease. One hundred and Sixty dollars for the year. For that fee, I get a water and electric, 4000x75 paved runway with excellent ramp, NDB/GPS approach, and, always, the lowest fuel price in the area. Been like this for years. My previous fee was $110.00 per year. What a deal!

It allows me to save for that RV-10 tail kit that I plan to purchase at Sun n Fun. So far my time table is right on. I am cleaning out my workshop, adding more lights and readying my storage area. I still have two large projects to complete by April. Start building the 10 in May.

JF

Today, I paid my 2008 hanger ground lease. One hundred and Sixty dollars for the year. For that fee, I get a water and electric, 4000x75 paved runway with excellent ramp, NDB/GPS approach, and, always, the lowest fuel price in the area. Been like this for years. My previous fee was $110.00 per year. What a deal!

It allows me to save for that RV-10 tail kit that I plan to purchase at Sun n Fun. So far my time table is right on. I am cleaning out my workshop, adding more lights and readying my storage area. I still have two large projects to complete by April. Start building the 10 in May.

JF

You think you got it good?? That same $165 gets me 17.7913 days of hangar rent up here in Minnesota! I still think I'm getting a bargain for a great heated hangar, but I think someone needs to do some investigating over in your neck of the woods. I bet they could hit you for that every month and you would pay it gladly!

Quit bragging!

It's only $500+ per MONTH down here in S. FLA. That's why I'll be moving after I retire!

They raised ours to $45/mo here at OVO. Guess I won't be moving anytime soon...

Bob Kelly

Hey JF,

You may have a low hangar rent, but gee, your hangar is in East Texas, no wonder.

My solution is airpark living. The house is nice, the hangar is out in the yard, it is very conveniently close by for trips and projects, and the cost of the hangar disappears into living expenses, and it appreciates too. Been there for 21 years and do not think about hangar rent as a cost any more. Oh, and we have avgas delivered in bulk, the last load was $3.38 a few months back, including all taxes.

Plus, all the neighbors are pilots, can't beat that!

Hey JF,

You may have a low hangar rent, but gee, your hangar is in East Texas, no wonder.

My solution is airpark living. The house is nice, the hangar is out in the yard, it is very conveniently close by for trips and projects, and the cost of the hangar disappears into living expenses, and it appreciates too. Been there for 21 years and do not think about hangar rent as a cost any more. Oh, and we have avgas delivered in bulk, the last load was $3.38 a few months back, including all taxes.

Plus, all the neighbors are pilots, can't beat that!

No, this was not hanger rent. I own my hanger and pay for the yearly ground lease. Hanger rental is substantially higher. East Texas, for me, is a good retirement area and here I came when I retired. I made the transition from big city to country overnight. I have given thought to airpark living but just could not give up this country living. I have a nice workshop close to the house where I spend my time building and repairing things. My distant neighbors are never bothered by the noise I make. I have birds, deer and other wildlife roaming the back 40. Just a perfect setting for building my RV-10.

JF

Where in E. Texas?

No, this was not hanger rent. I own my hanger and pay for the yearly ground lease. Hanger rental is substantially higher. East Texas, for me, is a good retirement area and here I came when I retired. I made the transition from big city to country overnight. I have given thought to airpark living but just could not give up this country living. I have a nice workshop close to the house where I spend my time building and repairing things. My distant neighbors are never bothered by the noise I make. I have birds, deer and other wildlife roaming the back 40. Just a perfect setting for building my RV-10.

JF

I'm looking for a place to retire myself.