danielhv

Well Known Member
Sometimes building absolutely sucks… especially when its hot outside, you don’t understand something and are afraid of screwing up a part, AND you have a bunch of holes to debur! BUT!!! It is ALL worth it on nights like this! :D Tonight I mounted everything together to test fit. Feels good to know the last 4 months of sweating have paid off, and now the end result! I’m completely stoked. I’m ready to get this thing in the air!!! Everything went pretty smoothly except that I had a hard time figuring out how to get the bolts into each rod bearing and hinge to hold everything together… Kinda tight if you don’t have small hands. Aside from the ugly Alodine on the Horizontal Stabilizer, I think it looks good!! All thats left is the electric trim (which I started on tonight), drilling the elevator horns, and fiberglass tips (can’t decide if I want to wait and do it all at once or just go ahead and get the parts off the shelf…) Oh, and SteelMike... hope you're pounding rivets and not reading this post!... Cause if you are, you must be worried that I JUST MIGHT beat you to first flight!!! :D ;) Only time will tell....

More pics here: http://www.danielhv.com

8-6-2008_4.jpg

Last edited:
RE:Great.....

Dan's the Man........:D

I felt the same way. Before ya know it you will be where I am FG/PAINT:eek:

Keep pounding away.

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A...paint prep....

Sometimes building absolutely sucks? especially when its hot outside, you don?t understand something and are afraid of screwing up a part, AND you have a bunch of holes to debur! BUT!!! It is ALL worth it on nights like this! :D Tonight I mounted everything together to test fit. Feels good to know the last 4 months of sweating have paid off, and now the end result! I?m completely stoked. I?m ready to get this thing in the air!!! Everything went pretty smoothly except that I had a hard time figuring out how to get the bolts into each rod bearing and hinge to hold everything together? Kinda tight if you don?t have small hands. Aside from the ugly Alodine on the Horizontal Stabilizer, I think it looks good!! All thats left is the electric trim (which I started on tonight), drilling the elevator horns, and fiberglass tips (can?t decide if I want to wait and do it all at once or just go ahead and get the parts off the shelf?) Oh, and SteelMike... hope you're pounding rivets and not reading this post!... Cause if you are, you must be worried that I JUST MIGHT beat you to first flight!!! :D ;) Only time will tell....

Looks very airplaney Dan! Build on. :)

Keep up the

good work! Those bolts are tough. A good trick is to bend a couple of 16 penny nails or equivalent 90 degrees, then use those to temporarily hold the rudder/elevator on while you put an actual AN3 bolt in the empty rod end bearing. 90 degree needle nose pliers help here as well.

sonofab$#ch! I thought you and I were closer matched... I'll have to step it up. I'll show you on the wings.

Just as soon as I finish my Horizontal Stabilizer!

Raptor

Daniel,

Is that a Raptor I see hanging up on the wall? Do you still fly?

RV's looking good, That's the first major milestone reached.

Daniel,

Is that a Raptor I see hanging up on the wall? Do you still fly?

RV's looking good, That's the first major milestone reached.

Not anymore... in fact, the raptor is for sale if you know anybody interested!!
Do you fly them?

-Daniel

Used to

Kevin,

I used to fly X-Cell helicopters back in the day before the RV took care of all my money! Would like to get back at it one day. I don't know anybody that would be interested, I would hang on to it in case you get the urge to fly again.

Jim.

daniel - good job, but you always look so upset. You should try smiling!

(Just kidding)

I used to fly RC helicopters too, and I honestly think that when I had 3 of them flying - a 90, a 50, and a small electric - I was spending more money on that hobby than this one.

I know the feeling

Hey SteelMike,

I know that feeling well, I had a X-cell Pro, a X-cell 60 Carbon, a X-cell 46 Carbon and a shuttle flying at the same time!! Plus a couple of fixed wing. The RV works out cheaper

Yeah, I hung up my RC helicopter hobby and sold all my birds.

Seriously. Addicting.

For all those out there who are concerned about their RV costs, well, take heart. It would blow your mind how much you can spend on some "toys"! At least at the end of the day with this hobby, you get a sweet plane that will last a lifetime!

edit: Haha! just watched the video - good times, good times... have a few memories of stuff just like that...

Last edited: