N624EJ

attention getter? So Doug finished pulling the engine off our -3 yesterday afternoon. I came home and opened the barn door and it was off the airplane. I really got to stop slacking and pick up the pace with my half of the work. We got the engine loaded in my truck, and transported to Doug's hangar for a thorough inspection and replacement of necessary components. Thanks Doug for doing awesome work!

also... has anyone ever had to sand or grind down a wrench or socket to get it to fit around components such as a bend in a manifold? Sooo annoying.

I once worked 3 days on one bolt holding a 402 turbo on. When I got done I had 4 bent, ground, and welded wrenches. Still have them but hope to never use them again.

Airplane parts "theft" at airparks is just out of control, isn't it? :)

Hmmmm...come to think of it, I might still have an engine from Doug that I got about 40 yeas ago.... .035 if I recall correctly.....I'll have to check that box in the attic.

Glad to see you guys digging into the -3. If we get diverted west on the trip home, we'll keep you in mind for a stop.

Paul:

Doug won't be available the next week, however if you fly through OKC i would love to see your bird and show you our project. I will buy your dinner, or grill some steaks. Actually, I am having a fish fry at 1 tomorrow with a bunch of people over. Let me know. 918_2843924

Last edited: