PJM6A

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the MX20 or know a website where I can download one?

Background:

I bought a flying RV6A a couple years ago. TT 385 hours. Recently noticed the CDI and Glideslope needles were not moving correctly when the GX60 GPS went through start-up mode. Avionics shop diagnosed this as a problem with the Annunciator Control Unit (ACU). Avionics shop removed ACU and sent ACU for repair. Meanwhile, I brought my RV6A back home. On that flight, I noted the MX20 did not power up--- assumed it was because the ACU was out of the plane. ACU arrived this week, and I reinstalled in the plane. Now, CDI, glideslope needles work fine as GPS goes through start-up mode.

However, the MX20 still does not power on. All other avionics power on normally.

Steps I've taken to troubleshoot.
1) Turned unit off/on several times, waited minutes, etc.
2) Checked that the circuit breaker was not popped-out. It wasn't. Popped-it out and reset it anyway.
3) Assured that the data card was in firmly.
4) Put my head under the panel and looked, and looked again, for wiring disconnections.
5) Removed MX20 and re-set it.

So-- none of these steps has worked. I still think it must be a power problem. As you know there are a ton of wires behind the panel. And this is a slider so it is more difficult to access. So it seems to me I need a wiring diagram to know which pins to check for power. If it shows no power going to the unit, then I've got to conclude a wire was broken or disconnected in the course of removing the ACU. If it shows power going to the MX20, then I'll have to send that in for repair.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Pat

Installation Manual

Pat... just sent 4 Mb to your regular e-mail account.

Let me know if it got there intact....:)

gil A