carrollcw

Well Known Member
I am working on wiring my panel. My question is, when connecting the GTR200 to the G3X touch, the interconnect example shows the stereo outputs from the G3X going to the stereo inputs to the GTR200. I am guessing you only do that if you get the G3X that has the Sirius XM radio in it. Mine does not. I would like to install an audio jack so I can play music off my ipad/Mp3 player. Should I just not wire the G3X to the GTR 200 stereo inputs and wire an audio jack to the stereo inputs on the GTR200, or should I go ahead and connect the G3X stereo output to the GTR200 and splice in to that connection my wires for an audio jack? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Do you have an audio panel?

The G3x has aural warnings, so it will need to be connected for those warnings to be heard.

Yes. I'm aware of the internal intercom, however some folks use a separate intercom as well. The 10 I fly has a GTR-200, GNS430, and a 340 audio panel.

The GTR200 has two aux inputs and a music input, so if there is no audio panel, then I would hook up the stereo audio jack to music in (pins 18 music right, 19 music left, and 37 music lo). The G3x could then be wired to aux 1 (pin 31 aux 1 lo, pin 32 aux mono 1 in).

The music input can be muted, while the aux inputs can't. So, you will always hear the G3x warnings. The volume for the aux inputs can be changed in the setup screens, so you can set a comfortable volume for the warnings.

Last edited:
If you don't have SiriusXM then you don't need to use the G3X Touch stereo output pins at all. All the G3X audio alerts go out on the mono audio output (pins 1 & 18) but can also be sent to the stereo output pins.

See page 19-16 of the G3X install manual (rev M).