Wow, what a day! First day of nice (Thursday) weather and we had a few RV-8's and some other RV planes fly in for lunch. Unfortunately, I was stuck in the kitchen cooking all the pilots food and had no time to mingle with anyone. I have never seen it so packed, we were slamed!!!

Thanks to all those who flew out for lunch, your patronage will keep us open. If you have any questions as to what we serve, drop me a private email(-:
If there is something special you like, let me know when your coming and I will see what I can do!!!! The head Chef and I are always looking for new things to prepare, so let us know(-:

Jim Szutowicz AKA "The Flying Chef"

Last edited:
Glad to see another place open at Muncie, although I haven't been over yet. As far as menu, I know of one local school's chief CFI who would regularly take students to MIE for towered airport experience. I always got the impression it was because he loved the tomato bisque at Vincents. :) You might consider that if it's not already on the menu. My wife and I are both light eaters and good soups on the menu are a big attraction for us too.

Model Airplanes

Muncie - home of the AMA's Nationals.

Visited there for one of the Nationals back in 2001. Nice place. The R/C helicopter competiton took place about 1/4 mile from the airport. When we weren't flying helicopters, we could watch the planes taking off and landing - almost heaven.

I'm sending a note out to the Indy RV list for a Sunday flyout for breakfast. Hope you're open on Sunday's.

Not Open On Sundays)-: Yet(-:

Sorry, But Sudays we are closed. Kimbler's opened up six weeks ago and I was hired three weeks ago. We are now starting to hit our groove!

We have Tomato Bisque on the menu right now and it is KILLER, along with onion soup, cream of mushroom and Broccoli Bisque.

Robert, I fly out of Reese airport (7I2) so I really know about the RC Competitions they have out there. Couple Guys got there Cub out and flew to Elwood for Lunch friday. Great bunch of guys at Reese Airport. I talked to Steve about having a flyin with food and stuff that I will cook for the event; perhaps we could do a RV flyin, and grill up some great food and conversasion. I would really like to meet alot of the RV Guys and talk shop with them so I can avoid mistakes when I start My -10 this fall.

It is not up yet but the Link to Kimblers will be www.eatonindiana.net/kimblerslanding when I get it finished. I should have something up by Sunday Night.

Jim

Last edited:
So what are the hours and days of operation? Hate to buzz up there to find the place closed.

Hours Of Operation

Monday Through Saturday 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM. I suspect that when the weather gets nicer and we hire a few more kitchen helpers, we will open for Sundays, but Until Then, nothing on Sundays until further notice.

Jim AKA "The Flying Chef"

Website up, but not Finished

I had some time to put up a little bit of what we do, but it is just a start. Any feed back welcome. I am working on more, but I am missing much of the menu. I am wearing all the hats in this, so it will take time. The boy in the Picture is my son. 5 years old and has been flying and he loves it. He is hooked like his daddy :D

http://www.eatonindiana.net/kimblerslanding

Jim

Last edited: