uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
I am wiring the switches for nav/strobes and wig wag/landing using the 2-10 DPDT switches from B&C and the diagrams from the aeroelectric book (switch section). Best I can figure out the switches do not seem to work as I am interpreting the diagram. Based on the switch drawing and terminal numbering in the book I think a 2-10 should give the following closed connections:
(keyway up)
Down
2-3 closed
5-6 closed
Middle
1-2 closed
5-6 still closed
up
1-2 closed
4-5 closed
In the case of the Nav/Strobe circuit with the Nav power on terminal 2 and the lights on terminal 1 and the strobe power on terminal 5 with the lights on terminal 4 this should give the following actions:
Down
Lights Off
Middle
Nav lights on (1-2 closed)
Up
Nav and Strobes on (1-2 closed and 4-5 closed)

The switches I have (both marked 2-10) work as follows:
Down
2-3 closed
5-6 closed
Middle
2-3 still closed
4-5 closed
Up
1-2 closed
4-5 still closed

It does not seem that this will make the lights work as drawn in the schematics if I wire the terminals per the drawings, I can figure out the nav/strobes but as I do not know how the flasher/diode circuit works I do not know how to change the wig wag/landing wiring to suite the switch. I also noted on the Z11 that the fuel boost pump and primer solenoid appear to be reversed the way the 2-50 switch I received works.
Can someone tell me what I am missing, am I interpreting the switch diagrams incorrectly?
Thanks

Contacts are 'switched'

It seems to me that if you switch the labels on 1 and 3, as well as 4 and 6, then things work as expected.
I remember reading on the AeroElectric list a while back that depending on who manufactured the switch, the numbering of the terminals was sometimes reversed from what is shown in his book.

different labels

I checked Randy Pflanzer's F1 rocket power distribution drawing and his labels for the S700 series switches are reversed from the aero electric book, if I transpose these the switch functionality works as expected, guess I have to renumber my terminals on my drawings.:rolleyes: