petersb

Well Known Member
Any experience with MTV-15-B/183-402 two blade constant speed metal prop. Cheaper than Hartzell blended prop ( $6500).
How does it compare to the Hartzell blended airfoil constant speed

Any experience with MTV-15-B/183-402 two blade constant speed metal prop. Cheaper than Hartzell blended prop ( $6500).
How does it compare to the Hartzell blended airfoil constant speed

My hangar partner has one on his BD-4. He says it's faster than the compact hub Hartzell with the blade that preceded the blended airfoil that he had before.

According to the MT rep at Oshkosh last year, the blades are made by AVIA, which is owned by MT, in the Czech Republic. The hub is MT. Apparently meant to compete with the Hartzell B/A prop.

It looks nice, comes with a pre-installed spinner, but his does sling a little grease.

I am running this prop. I can't compare it to anything because it is all I've ever known. I can say that it does spit a little grease...seems like moreso when the temps rise. I am due for an overhaul (calender months only) so I have the decision to either get it resealed, for $800, or overhauled with dynamic balancing for close to $2500. I am going to wait til after OSH to pull the trigger on the service.