ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
Getting ready to mount my engine on my -6A and installed my MT governer purchased from Van's as part of their FWF kit. The governer goes on no problem, but the arm is 180 degrees off from where the plans show it to be and from where it needs to be in order to have the prop cable function properly when installed per Van's FWF plans. Is something I can adjust myself, have a local A&P do, or is it a return to Van's for the correct item?

MTpropgov.jpg

You do it yourself.. cut that safety wire and loosen those 6 screws and then rotate the whole "head" to a position that better suits you (yes, right about 180 deg from what you have now)... Just a word of caution.. don't loosen those screws too much.. just barely enough that you can rotate the arm assembly.. Then tighten back on and safety wire again.. though you may wanna wait until you have the bracket in place..

Loosen those six screws around the periphery of the aft end of the governor body. They you can rotate the centre part of the governor body to get the angle you need. Tighten those six screws and safety wire them.

Awesome - I have to pull three of those screws out anyway to mount the bracket for the cable.

Thanks for the quick responses - I really appreciate it!