Carey Mills

I'm New Here
I just received a new 3 blade MT electric constant speed propeller. Does anyone know of a web site or have any pictures of this installation on a O-360. The instructions a vague regarding installation of the brush block assembly on the engine.
Regards,
Carey

MT Prop

installation on a Grumman Tiger I work on has been troublesome. Looks like we have it under control, but there are a few items I would be careful of.

The modification of the flywheel for the electrical connection from the rear slip ring to the front was miss-placed in our installation. The location MT depicted in the supplied manual really seem to be the best location. Make sure that the person doing the machine work on the flywheel knows where these connections should be. These pass through connections are insulated with plastic insulators, and you need to be careful that they do not lose torque when you install the wires to the actuator motor, otherwise you will be very familiar with prop removal/replacement when you fix this.

On the RV installation there may very well be less room between the cowling and the flywheel. Make sure that the electrical wires coming from the pitch change motor to the front of the flywheel are VERY secure. Otherwise these wires will be cut by the cowl. Lots of centripetal force acting on the wires require care be taken to stabilize these wires.

The owner of the aircraft likes the prop, now that it works properly.

Brush block assay

was an issue in this installation, too. Very easy to distort this light sheet metal mount. Follow the directions for set-up, and DO NOT lean on it, any you will be ok.

Sorry, no pictures, but really looking at the MT manual can get you through this. It took me quite some time to understand what they wanted.

I did not originally install this unit, but know a lot more about it now that I have had to repair it. I will grant you that the supplied manual is not very user friendly, but it can be done.

brush block assy

My prop did not come with a brush block mount. Is this something you fabricated or did MT fail to send it me?

Brush Block Mount

appears to be part of the package that my customer received. I would check with MT in Florida, they were very helpful when we were dealing with our issues.

My prop did not come with a brush block mount. Is this something you fabricated or did MT fail to send it me?

I had to fabricate the assembly for install with the Subby H6, but for sure there should be a brush block assembly for a Lycoming.

It is a certified prop, it won't work without the brush block assembly.

MT Service Instruction SI 29-1

Does any one have a copy of the MT Service Instruction SI 29-1. Currently I cannot get on the site to down load due to password issues.
Thanks,
Carey

You should have received it from MT.
As others have stated, it is somewhat flimsy. We doubled up the metal in the mount to increase rigidity. Sorry I don't have a pic to post.

This service letter covers the modification of the drive lugs on the prop flange. I have the one for the brush block.
Regards,
Carey