TShort

Well Known Member
I'm using MS word with Avery 5168 labels to make maintenance entries in the logs (oil change, etc.) I can't figure one thing out ... how to make the format so that I can view them in landscape mode while typing. Thus far, I go to "envelopes and labels", choose the label, and choose new document; then change the text direction such that the text is along the long axis of the label. At this point the text is going vertically up the screen - I have to cock my head to read it.
Changing the page layout to landscape doesn't work - it screws up the label position on the page and doesn't affect the text direction.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Thomas

Label problem

The easiest way is to create a custom label with the same dimensions - only reverse width & height of course, same margins of 0.5, and a vertical pitch of 4" (to put the space between the labels). Use a landscape format from the page setup menu. I just did this and it looks the same as the Avery only oriented for a landscape page.

Dennis Glaeser

My son & I own & run a printing company. The major problem is associated with the term "Microsoft".
Derrell
RV7A Finish