John Courte

Well Known Member
Moving from my house in Los Angeles to Oxnard Airport.

I think I got everything, but I'd love to hear everyone's ideas for airport move must-haves.

thanks,
-John

Tools.

Spare parts.

Manuals.

Helpers.

BBQ and meat.

Refrigerator.

Beer.

And finally, note pad and pen to write down all the things you forgot :D

PS, congrats on reaching this particular milestone!!!

Last edited:
Only two things needed are hanger and plane.
You will be making many trips back and forth so get a system (notepad, emails, calander events, etc) to remind yourself what you need to bring to the airport and what you need to bring home each day.

I just made the move last weekend. Took all my tools. Needed a wrench to fix a sink at the house today.....dammit! I need more tools!

Enjoy the move! Don't forget your credit card, you owe some people lunch!

Insurance, both for a traffic accident, and theft. (Apparently thieves love finding new avionics still in their boxes.)

You've probably got some friends coming along. Leave one of them back at the house for a delayed start, so that they can bring you what you forgot, when you call them.

Dave

Thanks for the advice! I have one friend lined up to help, but the others are waffling on me. How many guys will it take to push a 7 up a 12 foot ramp into a truck, then ease it back down at the airport?

Keys to the hanger.

How many guys will it take to push a 7 up a 12 foot ramp into a truck, then ease it back down at the airport?

If you're going to freehand it up the ramp you should first call youtube and have them send over a crew to film it.

But seriously... if at all possible use a 3-ton come-along winch to pull it up and help lower it. Figure out how you're going to attach it to the truck. Also have 1 or 2 people blocking the wheels each time the plane progresses. Watch the fingers. Better yet kick them along with steel toed boots. Make sure the blocks are actually sufficient size to do the job. Don't expect the come-along to actually do the work. You'll also need at least 2 strong men to push while someone works the come-along. So... at least 2 strong guys and 3 more people to move the blocks and work the hand winch.

Alternatively 2 guys + the camera guy.

All manuals can be put on an Ipad or similar device as PDF files! A compressed air bottle or 12V compressor, tire gauge. Battery maintainer. Extension cord with multiple outlet. Work light.

CREDIT CARD, and the link to [ http://www.harborfreight.com/ ]

You need to take all your tools to the hangar. Now you need to buy new tools for the garage at home.

In my case, I have a home, a hangar and a mountain cabin. I need tools in all three locations. Harbor Freight is great for getting the essentials duplicated back in the garage.

Exactly, I took ALL my tools (except household only stuff (woodworking, drywall, paint rollers, etc) to my hangar. I just bought a cheapo set of wrenches, a hammer and some screwdrivers for the house. Anything else constitutes a "project" and I can bring tools home from the 'drome in advance.

CREDIT CARD, and the link to [ http://www.harborfreight.com/ ]

You need to take all your tools to the hangar. Now you need to buy new tools for the garage at home.

In my case, I have a home, a hangar and a mountain cabin. I need tools in all three locations. Harbor Freight is great for getting the essentials duplicated back in the garage.