JohnBabrick

I'm New Here
Hello all,

Some introduction. I am building an RV-7A. I have taken a new job as a software engineer in Grand Rapids Michigan doing FMS software. I am at the point where I could use some advice about where to find a good instructor for getting my instrument rating in the western Michigan area. Also, I would like to know if there are any RV builders in the area. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

John Babrick

Spifr

JohnBabrick said:
Hello all,

.. I am at the point where I could use some advice about where to find a good instructor for getting my instrument rating in the western Michigan area. ..
John Babrick

John,

I got my ticket with SPIFR a couple of years back when they were based in Toledo, OH. They are now based out of Adrian, Lenawee County Airport (KADG) Southwest Michigan. This is an intense 7-10 day course but is definitely worth it IMHO.

Check with Western Mich. U.

You may want to check with Western Michigan University's Aviation dept.
h

Grand Rapids area

John,
We have several RV's being built at 08C (Riverview), the airport is 12 miles west of Grand Rapids. My RV7A has been flying since April 05, my hanger partner just had his signed off last Thursday. Send me an email off-list and I can hook you up with an Instructor.

Gary
N715AB