RobinHou

Well Known Member
I brought a RV-7A QB Fuse & Wing Kits. My friend in the flooring business can let me use his 16' truck (covered). Will the kits fit in 16' truck?

I will hire student movers to help me load the kits onto the truck. How heavy is the QB Fuse? Can 2 movers lift it onto the truck?

Thanks in advance,

Robin Hou

I don't have a measurement on the lenght, but

I would plan on four guys to move a QB fuse onto a trailer. Three 200# football players maybe. You don't want to drop it! Two can do a wing OK. Might want to get some dollies if you have to move it very far. My guess is that 16' is long enough for the fuse, but it's only a guess...

If this is your first, you're about to have a very satisfying experience...:D

16 ft will work if nothing is attached to fuselage

If you have empennage or engine mount attached to fuselage, you won't get it into a 16 ft trailer. I brought an RV-6A back from NV to FL in a 16 ft trailer. You might have to angle it inside the trailer. We built platforms above the fuselage to lay the empennage parts on. The wing stands fit alongside the fuselage. We stuffed a lot of misc stuff inside the fuselage. Be sure to cushion any parts that you tie down with straps or rope. The vibration of the straps will wear on the aluminum during your trip. Ask me how I know....