videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Okay, this wasn't the Big Move we often think of, but a big move nonetheless. I and the kids moved our Eagle's Nest RV-12 from the high school to the airport for the summer. We hope to finish the wings there this summer, but took the partially completed fuselage also. We left the emp in the school's storage building. We will probably move back to the school in the fall.

I can't say enough good about my airport, OVO, at North Vernon, IN. I thought we were going into a big hangar with a Bonanza and 150--tight quarters, but doable. Then the Bonanza owner said he might be able to get us into the new "overnight" hangar--much better. Yesterday they called and said we could have a recently vacated shop, two rooms, well lighted and heated (don't need that this time of year) with good shelving and lots of power outlets. All free. Wow! The head of the airport board even met us there when we arrived.

This is a much better facility than where I built my 9A (my garage) and the kids are thrilled with it. MUCH better than the classroom we were working in. Guys, if you are in the area and need fuel, support this place. This is the attitude that makes aviation great. Also, if you want to stop by and see the project, it will be available most of the time. Just give me a call or PM. We will be working Thursdays, 1 to 6PM if you want to meet the kids. There are a couple pictures of the move on our site, mykitlog.com/bobkelly

This plane is still for sale at kit price, but I expect it to sell before Oshkosh. If you are interested, now is the time.

Bob

Last edited: