Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
Is it just me, or does finally getting your plane moved to the airport create a new momentum?

Over the past few weeks or months things seemed to be dragging on with the build. As I worked on things like engine baffles, baggage door, cowls etc, etc, it was as if the airplane was fighting me. Perhaps it sensed something was up and it didn't want to leave its comfy little nest .

After an event free relocation and with most of the parts safely in the hangar, the little jobs now seem to be going better. I have more patience and maybe even more energy. It's probably just the "light at the end of the tunnel" syndrome, but I'll take it whatever it is. :)

The plane can smell the taxiway and runway and becomes more cooperative, anxious to get to the runway!:)

Yes...that little light at the end of the tunnel DOES get brighter in the hangar.

Best,

Since I'm not close to doing this, I can't say, but I'd guess some part of that is just being AT the airport, around flying planes and subconsciously seeing yourself doing that soon. Makes it even better if those planes are RVs.

Feeling some of the same "motivation" myself. Not sure if it's the extra space in the garage at home or the fact I have a new bill!

It creates HUGE momentum ...

...among other factors, because you're now paying a monthly fee to be working on it! ;) My motivation got a real shot in the arm when i moved to the airport ... and it must have been anti-freeze, 'cause I moved in November and immediately started working like a madman in that cold cold hangar. Congrats on the big move !

Move to the airport

Moving the project to the airport was a big step and signaled that the project was coming to an end. Ten months later following the move, I had the FAA signoff. Benefits: lots of local expertise to guide me to completion. Drawbacks: 45 minute drive to the airport reduced my worktime.

Jim Diehl RV-7A
Lock Haven Pa
15 hrs into Phase 1

I'm with Terry on this. Huge momentum increase. I was at the hangar nearly every day from the move until FAA inspection.
And per his point, working on all the fiddly bits and fiberglass seemed to really drag on forever back at the home shop prior to the move. I had to start paying for my 1/2 hangar early in order to hold the spot and not being in it was a driver too!