svennijo

I am getting ready to mount the empenage to the fuselage shell for the first time. I remember talking to some people at OSH 09' about it but can't remember all the details.
When mounting the Vert. Stab I have heard some people shifting it a little off to one side or the other so that in cruise no pressure on the rudder is needed to keep the ball centered. I think they said instead of centering the vert stab put the leading edge 1/8" to the left. Anyone tried anything like this?
Thanks for the help.

Josh,

While this is necessary in some of the earlier kits, I seem to recall that the -8 (specifically) has an offset engine mount to compensate for trim. I mounted the vertical tail straight in line, according to the instructions (at least the instructions at the time), and trim is not an issue. And....If you offset it, you might as well start building an empennage fairing from scratch....:(

Thanks Paul! I was glad to see you answered. I didn't even think about the fairing!!!! That could really turn out to be a mess. I will stick with the plans. Thanks.
Josh