JohnR

Well Known Member
I mounted my elevators last night and all looked good unti lI relaized I only have about 15 degrees downward travel. :eek: How did that happen?

Well a quick review on a couple of websites shows that the rear spar needs trimmed on the HS in order to allow proper movement of the elevator horns and elevators. The problem is that I don't see that on the plans anywhere. I don't want to just blindly start copying what others show on their websites. (Though I find all of the stes extremely helpful for clarification.) Can someone point me toward the drawing with that info on it.

As usual I'm probably looking right over the top of it and not seeing it. :eek:

Thanks!

There's a little blurb about it on the HS plans, I believe. I couldn't find any dimensions given anywhere. My current plan is to eyeball with a sharpie, go back an extra 1/8", carefully drill a hole for relief, and then just trim it and smooth it.

I really wish they had called this out in the instructions sooner and put dimensions in there....WAY easier to do it then. Now there's that spar doubler in the way that you need to watch out for. There's a callout to refer to a section of the fuselage plans for details. I couldn't find any dimensions there either.

Hopefully someone else has a better way of doing this and can enlighten us.

here ya go!

main.php

this is from drawing 3. also says to see drawing 27A

hope that helps.
:)