rjcthree

Well Known Member
Guys, I'm looking at a IO320B1A, and I believe it has a dynafocal 2 mount. Van's website is kinda vague about if all three types of mounts are available, it cites that there are three, but only goes on to note D 1 and conical.

Does anybody run a D2, and got the mount from Van's?

I'm building an RV-9A, if it matters.

Thanks in advance, Rick 90432 :confused:

One of my friends build an RV-4 with an engine from a Twin Commanche that uses the Dynafocal 2 mount. His engine mount came from Van in the finishing kit. The dash number of your engine looks like it is from a Twin Commanche and Van's does have a mount for it. It may not be in stock but typically they can have one for you in a reasonable period of time.

Special Finisning Kit Order Form

On the back of the Special Finishing Kit Order Form, there is an engine identification sheet that you need to fill out for your finishing kit. On that sheet you will identify several variables, one of which is Mount Style. There are three choices: Dynafocal I, Dynafocal II, and Conical.

You will also be asked to identify the induction direction; cylinder style; displacement; fuel metering system, ane engine supplier.

Van's says that without this information they cannot process your order.

Last edited: