danielabernath

Well Known Member
I'm getting 262WS ready to fly as she has been sitting for months (new battery now).
I am down a quart of oil and wonder if it evaporated (or I just have to rotate and burp to view correct oil level).
WHAT kind of oil to top off?

(as my case of oil and Rotex filters are on the other side of the country.

Sounds like - -

you need to burp it, then check level. I would suggest Aeroshell Sport + 4 only. I think it is the only oil now recommended by ROTAX.

From time to time, Rotax changes their recommendation of what oil to use. A while back, I used Honda hp4. Just make sure it doesn't have the chromoly additive, which by the way, was originally recommended by Rotax.

Id go stright to Rotax or CPS for your best bet.

you need to burp it, then check level. I would suggest Aeroshell Sport + 4 only. I think it is the only oil now recommended by ROTAX.

Definitely correct about burping first. In general, the Aeroshell Sport is a good first choice. When I did iRMT training in January, the Aeroshell Sport Plus 4 was recommended when using Auto fuel and only occasional 100LL.

Mobil 1 Racing 4T is also recommended if but only when using Auto Fuel 100% of the time.

Pennziol Motorcycle Oil is recommended if using 100LL all or most of the time. In this case, oil needs to be changed every 25 hours.

In fact, when using 100LL more than 30% of the time, oil should be changed at 25 hours and Oil tank should be removed and cleaned.

Thanks RV Drivers. I had my wife search my Oregon garage for the case of oil I bought. I'm in Florida. It is Mobile 1 MX 4T So, I'll get a pint of that for top off purposes (before I get the case of oil here and do an oil change)