SmittysRV

Well Known Member
It's really spooky drilling holes that big in your firewall! Now where did I put that engine?

20100712_06.jpg

I didn't put any kind of seal on the threads. Just torqued and cotter pinned. Is that OK?

Update: 7PM - I just realized that I didn't drill that @#% hole in the firewall so you can insert the bolt for the gear leg. Sure would have been nice to have that in the instructions as well as the drawings. Something like "First, drill a hole in the firewall". Off with the motor mount!

Last edited:
Looks good... and I was just going to say... I didn't torque might initially cause I knew I'd have to take it off for something. Guess what, I had to pull it for the bolt hole. No biggie.

It only get's more exciting from here.

Hey Vlad. I think I know now where that engine is... It's still on the shelf at Van's! Money, Money, Money!!

Hey Vlad. I think I know now where that engine is... It's still on the shelf at Van's!

....snipped money squared...

Hey that's good news! At least it's on the shelf and not in deposits of ore miles deep :D See you at 9A gathering, I buy you a beer and will make it a tradition.

Everyone I know had to take the mount off at least once. I found it a whole lot easier to rivet on the cowling hinges with it off. Now I wish I would have riveted on Skybolt strips instead.

Great to see your progress. You'll be flying in no time. It's an awesome plane.

Hey

Great progress Smitty.

Keep it going, looks like it will be an expensive osh for you this year. :)

Get er done.

Yup, I'm taking my grocery list with me this year. Lot's of stuff to get. Hopefully at a discount.

Good point about the Skybolt fastener strips, Tony. After I remove the mount and drill that cottin pickin' hole, I may go ahead and put on the Skybolt strips and any hinges needed, and then put the motor mount back on. Do you see any issue with that?

Last edited: