Lookin at purchasing a used kit complete with finish kit. I would like to use the 160HP engine in my build. Owner has stated that kit includes mount for 180HP. Are they the same or would I need to sell it an purchase another one. Or will Vans exchange mounts it good condition for a restocking fee?

Also... any difference in cowlings?

Thanks!

The 320 mount is a bit longer, to compensate for the slightly lighter motor. Don't know for certain, but the 320 cowl *should* have smaller cooling inlets, too.

Lookin at purchasing a used kit complete with finish kit. I would like to use the 160HP engine in my build. Owner has stated that kit includes mount for 180HP. Are they the same or would I need to sell it an purchase another one. Or will Vans exchange mounts it good condition for a restocking fee?

Also... any difference in cowlings?

Thanks!

If it's a RV-6 kit, the drawing show the same mount for both engines.

Is your engine a conical mt?

I know my 0320-b3b required a conical mount which may not be the same as what you have for 0-360. Good luck and have fun!

0320/0360

I was told from Vans that the mounts are the
same on all models with the respect to the 0320
vs 0360. With the exception on the 7/7a, the mount is
2" shorter for the 0360.

Sorry for the bad info in my earlier post. I knew that the -7 had different mounts, & the -7 fuselage uses many parts from the -6 fuselage, so it never occurred to me that the -6 would be different.

Charlie

OK thanks everyone. Just trying to find out the truth about it. Because if I can use his engine mount and cowling that was ordered with the intention of using the 0-360 (180HP) with my intentions of using a 0-320 (160HP) then it is a WIN WIN for both he and I. Except for the fact that I may want a JAMES COWL :-D