CNEJR

Well Known Member
RV Mecca

I recently counted up 30 RV'S that base out of Conroe.Tx. What is the largest number of RV'S based at any field? Is this a lot?

Yes, that is a lot! Out of roughly 90 aircraft based at my home airport, I'm the only RVer. :(

I'll have to have Ed Bundy verify this but I believe that Caldwell (EUL) Airport in Idaho has more than 30 RVs :D Rosie

Last time I was at 52F in Fort Worth, I think the locals told me that they have close to 50 RV's hidden around the field. It is getting hard to find a GA airport without at least one RV somewhere!

EUL has had a large flock of RV's for many years. I physically knew of 30+ a couple years ago, and would expect that number to be even higher now as I see new ones coming and going all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 40 or more now.

EUL has had a large flock of RV's for many years. I physically knew of 30+ a couple years ago, and would expect that number to be even higher now as I see new ones coming and going all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 40 or more now.
It lost one at the beginning of this year, as I bought it and spirited it away back to Canada. :)

Langley (CYNJ) has at least 15 that I can think of off the top of my head, but that's the largest batch i'm aware of near me. There's only two at my field (Delta, CAK3).

I'm live on an airpark in SW FL that has around 56 homes. There are 10 RVs here (3 under construction). I'll bet there's a bunch over at Spruce Creek in Daytona.

With a building time going back to the 80's, I bet Bakersfield Muni (L45) is way up there in RV count...:)

More than 50 based at Spruce Creek with half of them RV-8's. Half a dozen Rv-12's under construction.

100%

of the flying airplanes based at my home airport are RVs!
As a matter of fact, 100% of them are RV-6s!

Hicks T67

Hicks airfield T67, Probably not 30 here but there are a lot. There are 3 flying RV8s here at www.RVCentral.US and three more RV under construction. That is 6 in one hanger!

Yesterday we were counting the flying RVs at our airport, KFFC, Falcon Field, Peachtree City, Ga. We counted 26 Flying.

More coming that are still in the garages and basements. We have over 60 members in our group,the Falcon RV Squadron.

So, the question is: how many flying RVs at your airport?

Yesterday we were counting the flying RVs at our airport, KFFC, Falcon Field, Peachtree City, Ga. We counted 26 Flying.

More coming that are still in the garages and basements. We have over 60 members in our group,the Falcon RV Squadron.

So, the question is: how many flying RVs at your airport?

I suspect that KDLZ is pretty typical in that in that we don't have anywhere near that amount. We are probably at the 7-8 range.

However, the are two RV-10s and one RV-7 on my street at home. Excluding air parks, I suspect that's a rather high number. When I started my build in my garage, neighbors thought I was crazy. Now everyone in the neighborhood talks about the guys building the airplanes. Unfortunately, the neighborhood kids were disappointed this past summer. All the aircraft left the neighborhood for their final home in a hangar at the airport.

I suspect there may be some Young Eagle rides this coming summer.

bob

Can we use percentages instead of numbers?

100% of the airplanes flying out of my airport (8TA5) is an RV!

Last edited:
RATS! Mel beat me to it!

100% of the airplanes at my airport are RV's .... at least for now :D

Last edited:
100% of the airplanes at my airport are RV's .... at least for now :D

Where are they? I don't see any :D

Glenstrip.jpg

Not the most, just data input.
At Caboolture, YCAB, Australia
one each.
RV6
RV6A
RV8
RV8A
RV10 ( why dont they call them an "A model " )
RV7A my plane.

Independence Oregon has quite a lot of RV's, specially on a certain weekend in late summer:D

Vlad - I LOVE THAT PIC!!!

The big building with the hangar door open is hiding the RV-8. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the "lightning -9" you fly but am looking forward to the chance to be in trail sometime soon!

For those not familiar with Vlad's pic, it's 53VG :)

Vlad - I LOVE THAT PIC!!!

The big building with the hangar door open is hiding the RV-8. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the "lightning -9" you fly but am looking forward to the chance to be in trail sometime soon!

For those not familiar with Vlad's pic, it's 53VG :)

That's one dream airport. Glen do you have machinery to pack the snow? Just asking no I don't land on snow.

glensstripinVA.jpg