Geico266

Well Known Member
Wisconson has had a ton of rain lately, and with lots of rain comes lots of bugs. I have read reports of shortages of bug spray and rest assured when 250K folks pour into OSH this year it ain't getting any better.

Bring Bug Spray, Sun Block, & Water!

The ground at OSH is good ol black dirt, but bring 6" discs to roll your tire on. Keeps the tires from sinking in if you plan on being there awhile. At SnF mine sank up to the wheel pants and was putting pressure on them until I moved.

Last edited:
Mossies Mate...

And when they get organized they move to Alaska!.

Smokey
100% DEET, yeah that's the ticket...

After they fatten up in Alaska they move to Alberta that's where they use chain link fence for screens in your homes to keep them out.

big mosquitos do their thing---

then they all retire to Florida. (cooked properly, tastes a lot like chicken) :D:D

I seem to recall that OSH keeps the mosquitoes under control, at least to the point where they maintain proper separation with the ultralight crowd in the evening... :p

I guess my deet allergy leaves me at a disadvantage. I'll bring as much deet free spray as I can.

Those anti-static...

....clingy thingies that you put in the clothes dryer......rats....I can't think of their name. Just tear one in half and put one under each side of your cap or sunglasses. It really works even tho' you might look a little nerdy...dorky:D

We wear them while we're fishin' down at the pond.

Mosquito exterminator,

Oh yeah...they're called "Bounce"

Last edited:
And when they get organized they move to Alaska!.

Smokey
100% DEET, yeah that's the ticket...

We were in Alaska recently and up there mosquito's are confused with humming birds. How HM's fly all the way to Alaska is remarkable, we saw quite a few of them. For sure they don't winter there like the mosquito.

DEET allergy

For the guy allergic to DEET - go get you some Avon Skin So Soft. You'll smell like a cheap trollop but keeps the skeeters away.
Word has it the Red Cross went north to get those overgrown pests and now has trained mosquitos they send out like trained hunting birds. Goes out and gets a pint and flys back with it.

Avon Skin..

Skin So Soft really works. I don't know whats in it but it works well. There is an off-brand we use to buy that had no smell.

Here's an idea...

Let a few of them giant skeeters into your airplane when departing OSH, really helps shorten takeoff roll on a hot, humid afternoon.

With all of the flooding around St Louis they have gotten so big the controllers are calling them as traffic.

SOS

I heard the Lancair guys talking about using Skin So Soft... although I never heard them mention anything in particular about mosquitos........(grin) Easy Fellas........ anyhow, there is a bug repellent company out there that uses the scent of a particular flower to drive away mosquitos. I'll do some research and see what gives... I think the flower began with a C. Dunno
Best
Brian

Last edited:
Skin So Soft

Has a big SSS on the label. Proshops at golf courses down south carry it. We also have something called "no-see-ems" which will flat out put a few whelps on your sorry hide.

SSS smells like cheap perfume but it sure works.

Here is an example of the "Buzz Off" skeeter repellent socks:

And here are some matching pants:

This color looks vaguely familiar - can anyone help me with where I saw it?

If I see one RV driver wearing that stuff at OSH I'm selling my plane and taking up knitting. :eek:

Pink socks? :eek:

come on those go with dougs scooter.

last week while fishing in the pee dee swamp i saw a mosquito with a tick on his back.

Uh uh. It's salmon, girlfriend. :D

You know, Doug, an upside to painting your RV to match the scoot is that it might work as a mosquito repellent. Or at least repel some other pests... ;)

Skeeters at Osh

As the winter lowest temperature gets coolder the skeeters get bigger. If you live at the north pole you've got some biggies. Alaska is pretty close so listen to them. If your coming to Osh bring a case of skeeter repellant to horse trade with. Remember that all blood borne diseases can be transferred by the skeeter - (ALL). By the way get a case of skin so soft too. You'all have fun now ya hear!:D

Rumor has it

Rumor has it that DR won that fine vehicle from Mary Kay sales.

I wonder if Mary Kay has a comparable product to Skin So Soft. Sales would be brisk at the event and he might even move up to one of those fancy Caddies.