swisseagle

Well Known Member
Hello

Does any of you have a bit more information about this company AVStar? http://www.avstardirect.com/

I did not seen a advertise nor heard anything about them.

They have carburators and fuel injection systems, they look quite new, fresh designed.

How many of you have a product from them or dealt allready with them?

I will order my engine in a few weeks and an enginebuilder mentioned this company. So, any information is wellcomed.

Regards,
Dominik

The fuel injection system on our brand new Mattituck IO-320 is an Avstar unit. The fact that Mahlon uses them is good enough for me, from the standpoint of trust and utility. I understand that it is fundamentally identical to the SilverHawk. Haven't had the opportunity to fly with it yet, but the components look very nice.

Paul

AVstar

Hi Paul,

Did you have any further comments on the AvStar units, presumably you've been operating it for some time now?

AvStar

We have the AvStar fuel injection on our RV8s. They are identical to a Bendix or Precision unit. I believe they are standard on new Lycomings from Vans, at least the carbs are anyway. Flawless performance now on the 2 that I have used. 700 hrs on the previous Titan engine and 200 this past year on my new Superior.
Stock nozzles were cleaned for the condition inspection and today's 400 nm round trip saw them peaking at the exact same time on both legs. One leg at at 3500 msl the other at 9500 msl. Could run all 4 cyl.s 45 to 55 deg LOP with 2 mags.

Love my AvStar!!!!!

Thanks gents. It is more economical to replace the Servo, Spider and injectors than overhaul an RSA-5 unit here in Australia and the overhaul kit for the AVX320 is half the price of the PA kit.