jriblet

I'm New Here
Does anyone have pictures of their heater install in a IO360A1A 200HP engine with a vetterman exhaust? Seems the DL-05 muff does not fit very well but can be modified, and the DL-01 box doesn't work too good either. Vans had no real solutions but said people had a hard time with the heater and this engine combo.

Jeff Riblet
RV-8
"Frozen in Virginia"

Last edited:
Heater in the 8

Here are three images of the heater in the Doll. Space for the heat shroud is small but I was able to fit an eight inch muff on the #3 exhaust pipe. The heat box is mounted so that the scat hose passes through the lower cargo compartment.

The heater outlet and control cable are mounted on the right rear wall near of the forward cargo compartment.
The metal outlet is 1 1/4 inch unit that can be shutoff.

The heated air blows all the way back to the rear seat along the right side of the cabin. When solo, the air can be directed to hit the pilot in the chest. The eight inch muff works down to an OAT of 40F. I have plans to put a second muff on #1 exhaust pipe, and put it in series with the existing muff. I will have to modify an existing heat muff to make it work.

Last edited: