RVNEB

Need more cabin heat. So I am going to install a second heat muff, presently only have one n. However I am wondering if anyone has had experience in running the tubes in series or should you have each heat muff have its own suppy and return to a Y before the cabin firewall valve?

Thanks in advance

I would run two separate heaters. You will get more volume than in series.
Also put socks on your push tubes going out to the wings a lot of cold air comes in there. You should also seal up the canopy. If you have a lot of air leaks it is harder to heat up the cabin.

Consider adding the stainless scrubbies inside the heat muff you have first.

Do a search since this was discussed recently.

Here in MN I have plumbed the 2 heat muffs on my RV-7A in series and did the same thing on my Rocket project. You get plenty of air with a 2" duct, the problem is getting it hot enough. With this setup heat is adequate down to about 20 degrees - after this you need to find and eliminate air leaks. These become REALLY obvious when the OAT is less than 10 degrees.

Another thing to try is to restrict the air flow through the muffs in order to let it heat more. A 1" to 1-1/2" diameter restrictor is what some recommend - you'll still get plenty of air but it will be a LOT hotter.

Mark Olson N407V RV-7A N16XV F1-EVO Rocket

Up here in Maine everyone I know that set up their heaters with two muffs did not generate enough heat and rearranged their scat tubes to connect the muffs in series. To get the most out of the heater try to reduce the amount of area that you are trying to heat. I do this by installing a fitted section of floor carpet between the fuselage sides directly behind the seats. I also have a tonneau that I use to cover the baggage compartment. I don?t know for sure if this setup adds any more heat but it does reduce the cold air blowing in your back side.

Russ Keith
RV-9A N1909K

Series

I'm running two in series on my '8. My '9 had just the one standard muff and it was not sufficient. The two in series are GREAT. Plenty of heat.

pre-heated air coming off the bottom between the cylinders interconnect baffles works very well. Heat produced well tested only affective down to the -teensF. Larger picture here. http://mstewart.net/super8/engine/s8engine 008.jpg
s8engine%20005_small.jpg