HI guys,
Has anyone landed at either of these airports? I'm planning my Oshkosh trip and plan on flying through Montana. Our first stop from CA will be Ellensburg WA to visit cousins, then on to Fairfield with a stop over to see where my dad was raised and see some cousins there. Then overnight in Ekalaka where I was born and haven't been back since.

Both airports are unattended but the AOPA guide says there in good shape?? I'm wondering about tie downs. Both airports have no transportation so I'm trying to figure out how I will get around when I get there.

After we leave Ekalaka we plan to overnight some where near the Twin Cities to visit my brother. Then on to Oshkosh Sunday - Tuesday. I will probably leave Tuesday after the air show and fly south to Huntsville Alabama to visit my 102 yr old (young) Grandmother.

I'm looking for a stop over Tuesday night between Oshkosh and Huntsville. Any recommendations? Also any recommendations for an airport around Huntsville??? We'll be staying only one night.

After leaving Huntsville the next stop will be Texarkana to stay at my sister in law. Then onto Lubbock TX to visit our son and his family.

Then on to Sedona Arizona or somewhere near that area, then home and back to LVK. (Livermore CA).

This is my first very long trip in the RV and I realize there probably could be some deviations due to weather. I'm planning on taking two weeks to make this route. I would appreciate any critiquing from those with experience on any of these stops.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I haven't been to either of your Montana choices. BUT I landed near Fairfield 14miles NW at Choteau KCII. Courtesy car and fuel available. You might want to call ahead to check the actual condition of the pavement at Fairfield and tiedown status.

5U5

Here is what AirNav (www.airnav.com) has to say about 5U5:

Runway 18/36

Dimensions: 3800 x 40 ft. / 1158 x 12 m
Surface: asphalt, in poor condition
PAVEMENT IS SPALLING. TIRE RUTS IN PAVEMENT. FOREIGN OBJECT DAMAGE.

You might want to consider Great Falls.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA